Commentary on the Prophets of the Old Testament almost at 100%

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 26 2011 8:14 AM

Community Pricing: Commentary on the Prophets of the Old Testament almost at 100%. Seems like it will hit this week. 

http://www.logos.com/product/8560/commentary-on-the-prophets-of-the-old-testament

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:21 AM
Hopefully not till after midday today, so there's another week to try to get the price down! Actually I can't see that happening, and I'm not too worried as $12 is brilliant value. It's those over $30 that I'd like to see come down in price!
Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:28 AM

Looks like it has made it - Friday the 28th is the deadline.  (Sorry, Nicky):

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:37 AM

Now, why did you have to go and bring it over the top two hours too early?! Couldn't you have waited until after noon to post?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 767
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:49 AM

Yup - I got the email too.

Still, $12 looks to be a great deal on this.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:59 AM

I don't think it would have gone down to $9,even by Friday week - and I'm very happy to pay $12!

Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 1:24 PM

fgh:
Now, why did you have to go and bring it over the top two hours too early?! Couldn't you have waited until after noon to post?

Let's call Customer Service and complain - they could have waited two hours!  Couldn't they?

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 2:11 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Let's call Customer Service and complain

YEAH  !!! That 3 bucks could throw me into foreclosure. Crying

~

Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 5:26 PM

Abi Gail:

Floyd Johnson:
Let's call Customer Service and complain

YEAH  !!! That 3 bucks could throw me into foreclosure. Crying

I do hope you know I was kidding - I am not willing to do any complaining myself. Smile

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 8328
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 7:57 PM

Jerry Bush:

Jerry

I didn't get an email, but I saw this thread and jumped at the opportunity of getting this set for $12 bucks.  I hope is not so dated, information wise, might be, but it's still a great bargain.  Anyway, hopefully it'll drop down to $9 bucks before Friday noon.

Douglas

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:26 PM

fgh:

oooops.... I didn't know that afternoon would make a difference. Sorry

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 11:32 PM

Slava Novik:

fgh:

oooops.... I didn't know that afternoon would make a difference. Sorry

You're forgiven!  And you'll know for another time.  Wink

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:21 AM

I had lowered by bid from $12 to $9 on Tuesday night in hopes that we would get another week, but after it reached 100% I raised it again to $12.

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:37 AM

Ronald Quick:

I had lowered by bid from $12 to $9 on Tuesday night in hopes that we would get another week, but after it reached 100% I raised it again to $12.

Lowering your bid below the expected price can cause you to lose out. If enough people bid $12 to drive the price down to $9, you will get the lower price. However, if you drop your bid to $9 and the $12 bids will allow Logos to product the resource for $10, you will miss the boat.

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 11:39 AM

Douglas Alvarenga:

Jerry Bush:

Jerry

I hope is not so dated...

Douglas

I'm just wondering how useful can these be since they were published in the early 1900s.  Wouldn't the information be outdated due to new research being done in the past few years? Help to be able to decide whether to jump in the wagon or not.

Giovanni

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 12:45 PM

Giovanni Baggio:
I'm just wondering how useful can these be

Apparently no one knows :)   since this came up in another thread in December.   Commentary on the Prophets of the Old Testament ON C.P. @ $12 - Logos Bible Software Forums

The one response that stuck with me is that it may be worth getting because of his work on chronology.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:33 AM

If you think there might be ANY chance at all that it might be useful to you at this $12 price, then BID NOW  (you have less than 30 minutes).

The take your time to research it a little more and if you REALLY think it is not worth $12 then cancel your bid before it ships.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 30 2011 5:17 PM

Now it will cost you $75.00!

What a difference!

Peace to all!   

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 19270
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 30 2011 5:24 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Now it will cost you $75.00!

What a difference!

Peace to all!   

And that's in pre-pub. Chances are the cost will go up even more once it ships. Community Pricing rocks!

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS