BUG: Reading Plan falling behind

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 127
Thomas B. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 4 2011 8:33 AM

I am using a reading plan while leaving L4 running and the text (TNIV) open for days. After two or three days, the reading plan starts to fall behind.  The reading plan filter would not update to show "today's" reading correctly. Rather, it keeps staying on yesterday's reading which is already marked as read. Even switching to the home page and clicking on today's reading doesn't resolve the issue. Only disabling and (re) enabling the filter does the job.

This is with 4.2, all updates applied.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 2:00 PM

Thomas Boehme:
Rather, it keeps staying on yesterday's reading which is already marked as read.

How are you indicating that it is "read" (in the Plan or the resource)? Do the Start/Stop markers update for the next reading when you click "Mark as Read" in the TNIV?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 85
Mike Waugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 2:57 PM

Okay, I had to laugh when I first read the title of this thread ("Bug: Reading Plan Falling Behind"). I laughed because my reading plan keeps falling behind, too. Except, I think my problem has less to do with the software and more to do with the user. Tongue Tied

I know that doesn't help resolve your issue, Thomas, but I wanted you to know that you lightened up my afternoon (actually, it's evening now... I'm going home).

Blessings!

Dell Studio XPS16 / Win 7 64bit / i7 Q720 @ 1.60GHz (2.80GHz Turbo) 6MB Cache / 4GB RAM / 500GM Hard Disk @ 7200 RPM / ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 – 1GB

Posts 127
Thomas B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:58 AM

Had to chuckle myself, now that you have pointed out the pun... Wink

In response to Dave's (very valid) question, I am always marking read sections within the resource. And whereas "initially" (whatever the cut off is) the markers get cleared and the next set of start/stop markers appear, "later" the markers do not move anymore.

Having said that, let me observe the plan more rigidly on a day-by-day basis, using different means to mark sections as read.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS