Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 5 2011 3:20 PM | Locked

Logs attached    Crashes particularly when moving notes between Note Files

3833.Logging.zip

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 7 2011 10:12 AM | Locked

Rich ~ I've submitted your logs to development for review. Thanks.

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 8:03 AM | Locked

I haven't had a crash on notes, but typing in notes is quite frustrating with multi-second lags from when typing appears.  Is this just me or has this not been addressed yet?  Thanks.

Ross

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 8:38 AM | Locked

RichGrif:

Logs attached    Crashes particularly when moving notes between Note Files

3833.Logging.zip

I'm a Windows user so this may not be true on the MAC, but I've discovered on a few occassions that Logos will crash on certain note files.  On examining the problem I found that it would crash when I accessed one particular note in the note file.  I therefore recreated the note and deleted the old note -- problem solved.  I can't say what it was about that particular note that caused the crash, but something obviously did.  Perhaps you should check to see whether it is the entire file or simply one note in the file. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 12:05 PM | Locked

Thank you for pointing this out.  In my case, it runs across a broad spectrum of notes.

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 8 2011 12:32 PM | Locked

RichGrif:

Thank you for pointing this out.  In my case, it runs across a broad spectrum of notes.

Presently, notes are the weak link in L4 Mac. The Dev Team has made great progress in most areas, but notes are lagging. If I plan to use notes extensively, I fire up Parallels and take notes in L4 Win (I know it's slumming, but it works). the notes then synch back to L4 Mac. 

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 8:01 AM | Locked

Jack-that's exactly what I did.  I opened up the Windows version and did some maintenance on my notes files.   It worked fine.  All of the changes came through onto the Mac version.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 23 2011 12:06 PM | Locked

Rich,

I was trying to reproduce this issue and I'm not able to with 4.2a RC 1.

Can you provide some information on how you got it to crash? Did you notice any repeatable pattern, e.g. moving from the first note in one document to the last in another?

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 4:14 PM | Locked

Tom--I am now on 4.2a RC1 and I cannot get the notes to crash as they did in the previous version.  So, I am figuring that some changes in 4.2a RC1 worked in such a way to eliminate my problem--whether planned or not.  Good news.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 9:58 AM | Locked

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS