Resource update message on Home Page

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:30 AM

I haven't used Logos on my laptop in a while, however, I updated the software last night and again today. After the resources were added, there was a nice message on my Logos homepage that provided detailed information regarding the resources that were updated. 

Is this a new feature? I only ask because I didn't get these messages when I updated the resources on my desktop. 

Just wondering............

Thanks!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:36 AM

Hi Christina

It was introduced in 4.2a (which is currently in beta testing) as per the information at http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4.2a_Beta_1

Are you running the beta version on your laptop?

Graham

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:43 AM

Graham,

Unless the beta downloaded on it's own, then I'm not using a beta version. I've never subscribed to any of the beta versions. Could the beta have downloaded on it's own? 

Christina

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:45 AM

I just checked and I am using 4.2a Beta 6. I didn't request this version, it downloaded on it's own. Wow....I'm a beta user!

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:48 AM

I'm not Graham, but the answer to your question is no; it should not download on its own. Click the help icon in L4 (the question mark at the top right of you L4 screen) and select "About Logos Bible Software"

What does the window indicate your version of L4 is and what your update channel is set to.

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 11:55 AM

I couldn't copy the actual screen, but I'm using Logos on a Mac and the information below details what version I'm using:

Logos Bible Software 4.2a Beta 6 (4.21.4.9959)

As you can see, I don't have an Update channel message afterwards.

By the way, Fred, it's okay that you're not Graham. I truly appreciate your insight. 

Blessings, 

Christina

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 12:18 PM

Christina

The only way I know of to get the Beta releases is via the "set update channel to beta" command - so if you didn't type that I don't know how this happened.

To get off the beta channel you can type "set update channel to stable" which should result in the next update you receive being the stable 4.2a release when it is available.

I don't run the Mac version so don't know whether it should display which channel you are using - but I would have expected it to.

Graham

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 9 2011 2:25 PM

Christina:

I couldn't copy the actual screen, but I'm using Logos on a Mac and the information below details what version I'm using:

Logos Bible Software 4.2a Beta 6 (4.21.4.9959)

As you can see, I don't have an Update channel message afterwards.

By the way, Fred, it's okay that you're not Graham. I truly appreciate your insight. 

Blessings, 

Christina

As Graham said, I don't use the Mac version either. In windows if there is no indication that you are on the Beta Update channel then you are on the default channel. I cannot tell you if it is the same way with Mac. As to how you ended up with Beta, that too would probably be a question for the Mac forum. My suggestion would be to post a thread on that forum with a link to this thread. Perhaps one of those guys can help.

By the way, welcome to the Beta group.Wink

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS