Page 5 of 7 (123 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 122 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:09 PM

ChrisHulshof:

Dan,

I'm in the same boat as the others who already have the WBC. However, since you're in the deal making mode, how about matching WordSearch's deal on the "Holman New Testament Commentary" They have it on sale for $89.95.  My Dad always said it never hurts to ask.

Chris

If there are special circumstances or competitive offers you would like to see Logos match, the best thing to do is call a sales rep at 800-875-6467 or send an email to sales@logos.com and include a link to the URL where you see the competitive price, and we'll see what we can do.

Now, while there's a lull in the action... Let's get this thread back on track. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6...!

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2009 1:47 PM

DanPritchett:
Now, while there's a lull in the action... Let's get this thread back on track. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6...!

Hey, it looks I will have to kick off most of my music from my 8 GB iPhone. Logos is coming. Good...

Bohuslav

Posts 1
Josh Bingaman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:58 AM

I am still hoping it is version 4. And I am also hoping they release the Mac upgrade at the same time. C'mon Nov. 6th!

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 5:59 AM

Looks like 4 is the "magic number"

Logos Blog

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 6:38 AM

Paul Golder:

Logos Blog

You just gotta LOVE those publicity hounds!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 8:39 AM

Paul Golder:

"Fore" is a golf term that means "Look out, y'all. Somethin's a comin'"

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3759
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 10:52 AM

DanPritchett:

awww, Dannnnn, why'd you have to change your profile pic??

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 698
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:05 AM

It's an iPhone app! (unless there is something else...)

http://www.logos.com/iPhone

Posts 3759
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:25 AM

JH:
It's an iPhone app! (unless there is something else...)

it is other than that . . . or more than that . . . because the countdown is not yet finished.

Posts 3759
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:27 AM

someone maybe right . . . that "4" could be THE number . . . that is perhaps why the 'countdown' seems to be irregular (or not following 24 hour periods.  We might be on target for "4" tomorrow . . .

Ahh, the speculation is fun: "get away from me kids, I don't care about family time, it's COUNTDOWN WITH LOGOS time!!"

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:41 AM

Daniel DeVilder:

someone maybe right . . . that "4" could be THE number . . . that is perhaps why the 'countdown' seems to be irregular (or not following 24 hour periods.  We might be on target for "4" tomorrow . . .

Ahh, the speculation is fun: "get away from me kids, I don't care about family time, it's COUNTDOWN WITH LOGOS time!!"

Looks like "5" got posted about 2 hours ago, I would bet that the mysterious "4" will come at Monday 12:01 AM PST...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:04 PM

I think those who are guessing version 4 is coming in the morning are right on.  Maybe they will release it at 4:44 in the morning!

C'mon Logos.  You know you want to!

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:26 PM

I thougth the Twitter countdown was for the iPhone App.  It must be for version 4....  m.logos.com, twitter countdown, such torture but in a good way Big Smile!

Posts 698
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:37 PM

Does anyone recall how the last upgrade was worked by Logos?  It's been awhile and I forget exactly what happened.  If I recall, since I was upgrading to a better bundled package, I had to pay a small fee (minus any resources I had already obtained that would be duplicates).  After that, was the upgraded engine itself a free download or DVD?

Also, I assume that those of us running both Windows and Mac versions currently might have to upgrade both engines (hopefully not at twice the expense  Smile).

Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 2:10 PM

JH:
Does anyone recall how the last upgrade was worked by Logos?  It's been awhile and I forget exactly what happened.  If I recall, since I was upgrading to a better bundled package, I had to pay a small fee (minus any resources I had already obtained that would be duplicates).  After that, was the upgraded engine itself a free download or DVD?

Last time, when we went from 2 to 3, all the boxed sets were upgraded and a new boxed set was added. At 2, the top boxed set was "Silver." With 3 it was "Gold." In addition all current boxed sets got an upgrade, with additional resources and functionality. Logos distinguishes and upgrade from an update. Updates are free, upgrades are not.

The time Logos 3 (AKA Libronix) went live, was, without question, the ideal time to upgrade to the new version of the same level boxed set, or to the next level up.

Logos has not charged for the engine itself, so far, but they have charged for addins, as well as resources (of course).

I'm not aware that Logos has said anything official, to users who may wish to run both a Windows and Mac version of their software.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3759
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 2:48 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Last time, when we went from 2 to 3, all the boxed sets were upgraded and a new boxed set was added. At 2, the top boxed set was "Silver." With 3 it was "Gold." In addition all current boxed sets got an upgrade, with additional resources and functionality.

I can see it now: Logos Platinum, with all the Zondervan resources bundled in . . . lol.

Posts 25812
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 2:55 PM

Seems to me like everyone's waiting for the second coming - a new millenium.  Oops its the 1st coming for phones and the 4th coming for PC's - rounded down to the even number.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 4:43 PM

Daniel DeVilder:

Richard DeRuiter:
Last time, when we went from 2 to 3, all the boxed sets were upgraded and a new boxed set was added. At 2, the top boxed set was "Silver." With 3 it was "Gold." In addition all current boxed sets got an upgrade, with additional resources and functionality.

I can see it now: Logos Platinum, with all the Zondervan resources bundled in . . . lol.

Somewhere on another thread "Putonium" Stick out tongue was mentioned.
If Platinum has all the Zondervan titles, Plutonium should have "Yale Anchor everything".
And maybe Logos Krypton will have the ICC set on top of that. (It is green, you know)

Is it possible Logos is inventing new opportunities to covet? Will some of my friends give up Logos for Lent? Where is this leading us?

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 9:36 PM

So they take off the cost of any resources you have purchased already for the upgrade? Did this work fine?

How much did they charge last time for the upgrades?

Did they add a lot of new resources to each tier?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 10:38 PM

Oh, Yeah! It's Platinum for me.

Cake  Yes  Cool 

Coffee

I don't know if it was a dream or a vision... Does 49 make me an old man or young? I saw Logos Platinum...... 

Page 5 of 7 (123 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS