Smart tags or Actions in Office 2010

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 47
SamK | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 15 2011 2:09 PM

I have a question concerning actions or (smart tags) under windows 7 running Microsoft office 2010.

Application add-ins in Word 2010 will not show the “L4SmrTg.dll”  file that runs the action. It will show the “SmtTgStb.dll” file for Libronix but not the “L4SmrTg.dll” file for Logos 4.

Does anyone know how to get Word to see the file in order to run the action (smart tag)?

Posts 4744
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 2:20 PM

Take a look at this page toward the bottom of the page http://wiki.logos.com/Smart_Tags

Posts 47
SamK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 3:10 PM

Thanks Fred for your response.

I have worked through the steps outline in the link you gave.  Then I came to the last step under “Troubleshooting” which reads: “If you are unsure how to proceed with any of these steps or they do not resolve your problem then please post a question on the Logos 4 forum.”  Thus the post.

I even talked with a tech support person at Logos.  She could not answer my question but advised me to post my issue on the logos forum. She thought it was something that only the developers could remedy. I asked if I might speak with one of them.  She told me they were not customer accessible.

Posts 4744
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 3:58 PM

Are you running the Beta version or a stable release. If Beta then Tech support is not available. If beta then perhaps a post on the Beta forum with a title that begins with BUG would be in order.

Perhaps someone will pick up on this thread and have an answer beyond the existing troubleshooting information on the wiki.

One question that comes to mind as I am typing this...are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit version of MS Word 2010? If you are running the 64 bit version, SmartTags will not work.

Posts 25385
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 4:13 PM

Sam Kostreva Sr.:
Application add-ins in Word 2010 will not show the “L4SmrTg.dll”  file that runs the action. It will show the “SmtTgStb.dll” file for Libronix but not the “L4SmrTg.dll” file for Logos 4.

Check you have uninstalled the L3 Smart Tag application in Control Panel.

Open a Command Prompt (with "Run as Admin" in Vista/Win7) and type  regsvr32 L4SmrtTg.dll

If the L3 smart tag still appears then try regsvr32 /u SmtTgStb.dll

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 47
SamK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 6:30 PM

Thanks Dave

When I ran regsvr32 I received an error message: “The Module failed to load” “Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found.”

I set the path for it to find it.  But it still could not find the file.  

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2011 11:15 PM

Assuming you've installed Logos 4 in the default location, run:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\Logos4.exe /register

This should display a dialog with the message "Logos Bible Software 4 was registered successfully."

This will repair the registry settings for Office smart tags--does this fix the problem?

If not, one of the more commonly-reported problems is having Office 64-bit installed. Open an Office application, and on the File menu, click Help. In the "About" section, does it show "32-bit" or "64-bit"? 64-bit Office is not currently supported by the Logos 4 Smart Tags.

Posts 47
SamK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:25 AM

Thanks Bradley. Your instruction worked perfectly.  The dialog with the message "Logos Bible Software 4 was registered successfully” came on and the smart tags now work.

I don’t know how you came about this fix but I praise the Lord for sending you to figure that out.

Have a great day!!

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee

Sam Kostreva Sr.:

Thanks Bradley. Your instruction worked perfectly.  The dialog with the message "Logos Bible Software 4 was registered successfully” came on and the smart tags now work.

You're welcome!

Sam Kostreva Sr.:

I don’t know how you came about this fix but I praise the Lord for sending you to figure that out.

I knew about that fix, because I wrote the code for it. I'm one of the programmers at Logos. Smile

There are a number of Logos employees using these forums; you can identify us by looking for the blue Logos logo under our profile pictures on the left.

Posts 47
SamK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:39 AM

Well Thanks again.  I’m glad you’re on the forums.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS