Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Frank DeWitt | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 17 2011 6:44 AM

I am that guy at the back of the room running the slides, video, ETC.

We now use ProPresenter.  It appears that Proclame is addressing a lot of access issues, and that is good. but access is a small part of the job of Sunday morning presentation software.  Proclaim needs to retain all the features that make existing good Sunday morning presentation software good.

A few things I will be looking for when it releases.

Cost per year

Rock solid dependable.  We in the back pray every week that we will be invisible. No audio feedback, no missed cues,  No video that won't run,  In short, never interrupt the service, and don't blind side the pastor.  

Play all videos from any where, and play just a part of them cued up ahead of time.

Input live video as either a background or foreground.

Easy to use in the background under pressure.   I need to be able to bring up a new song, leave out the 3rd verse, change the background and have it ready to go while the sermon slides are being run by the pastor.

It must be fully functional at all times in stand alone mode without the internet.   The internet is wonderful. our booth is hardwired in and we use it often.  (We update ProPresenter from home now) but the internet WILL fail on just the wrong Sunday morning.

Frank

Posts 214
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:30 AM

Great comments. Couldn't agree more. ... and ProPresenter is definitely the best right now.

Posts 134
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:46 AM

Thanks Frank for your input and thanks for what you do.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:32 AM

Frank DeWitt:

I am that guy at the back of the room running the slides, video, ETC.

We now use ProPresenter.  It appears that Proclame is addressing a lot of access issues, and that is good. but access is a small part of the job of Sunday morning presentation software.  Proclaim needs to retain all the features that make existing good Sunday morning presentation software good.

A few things I will be looking for when it releases.

Cost per year

Rock solid dependable.  We in the back pray every week that we will be invisible. No audio feedback, no missed cues,  No video that won't run,  In short, never interrupt the service, and don't blind side the pastor.  

Play all videos from any where, and play just a part of them cued up ahead of time.

Input live video as either a background or foreground.

Easy to use in the background under pressure.   I need to be able to bring up a new song, leave out the 3rd verse, change the background and have it ready to go while the sermon slides are being run by the pastor.

It must be fully functional at all times in stand alone mode without the internet.   The internet is wonderful. our booth is hardwired in and we use it often.  (We update ProPresenter from home now) but the internet WILL fail on just the wrong Sunday morning.

Frank

Yes

Posts 3
Matthew Wyenandt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 5 2011 7:53 PM

Frank, you have pretty much covered everything here.  I would like to add one thing though.  

Ability to import powerpoint seamlessly.  Whether it be built into Proclaim or a separate stand alone converter, this is very important to us, because he invite missionaries in to speak and they always have their presentations on powerpoint.  

The way that ProPresenter handles this is a joke, because it can't keep any of the formatting if you import it or if you allow ProPresenter to launch powerpoint, it then takes control of our Mac and you can't prepare for anything else at that time.

I love ProPresenter and it's a life saver for us, but it has been challenging when we have out of town guests.

Posts 11
Jai Reid | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2011 12:38 PM

I would add multiple-monitor support - with a different screen being shown to worship team than what is on the main projector, while there is also a control/edit screen for the back-of-the-room tech. That is one of the big selling features of ProPresenter in my view.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS