Logos Library System - Windows 7 64-bit

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Mark Lehigh | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:28 PM

Hi.

I've been using LLS on xp.

Now I have win7 64-bit.

Installer won't run because it's 16-bit.

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/01/tip_from_cs_update_from_the_logos_library_system_to_libronix.html

sez so.

I don't want to buy a base package upgrade.

So, I'm thinking of downloading the free Logos 4 engine.

Or, should I download Libronix?

Thanks!

Posts 7344
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:49 PM

Mark, many of us are successfully running Libronix (Logos 3) on Win 7 64-bit computers.

Install from the Internet: http://www.logos.com/support/download/30bupdate

If you want to go to Logos4 I would suggest no less than the minimal crossgrade. The other options, including an upgrade of your currect L3 pacgage to L4 can be found here: http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/12/4_ways_to_move_to_logos_4.html

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1234
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:51 PM

As Mark said  Smile

You can also download the latest complete version (not upgrade) from http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls

I have 64 bit on both my desktop and laptop with no problems using the above link.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Anonymous | | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 2:01 PM

Which Windows 7 did you get?  With Professional, you should be able to run it in an XP virtual machine.

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 3
Mark Lehigh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 2:34 PM

I only have Windows 7 Home Premium.

Posts 8737
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:01 PM

Mark Lehigh:

So, I'm thinking of downloading the free Logos 4 engine.

Or, should I download Libronix?

There's little point getting used to L3 when L4 has been out for over a year, in my view. So make the jump straight to L4 (though you'll get much better use out of it if you do the minimum crossgrade).

Posts 5239
LogosEmployee

Mark Barnes:

There's little point getting used to L3 when L4 has been out for over a year, in my view. So make the jump straight to L4

There's (only Smile) one reason to install LDLS3 first: LDLS3 can import your LLS licenses and push them up to our servers (using the Synchronize Licenses menu command). Once you do that, Logos 4 will know that the books you owned in LLS 2.x are unlocked (and download them automatically, etc.).

Posts 3
Mark Lehigh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 7:28 PM

Thanks, everybody.

Ok, Bradley... So it sounds like I need Libronix first to unlock my books.

I don't have LLS installed now.  Do I need to install LLS before installing Libronix?

If so, I will have to install LLS on my xp computer.  Then how do I migrate to my win7 computer?  Synchronize License again?

Thanks!

Posts 1314
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 7:39 PM

If you install on XP,  and synch, you can then download L4 exe for your Win 7 box and when you install it, Logos will automatically install your Logos library on your Win 7 machine if you are on the internet. Seeing that Logos knew my whole library and just installed it for me made an upgrade to L4 a real no-brainer.

The aim is never to become a master of the Word, but to be mastered by it. —D.A. Carson

Posts 13559
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 8:05 PM

Mark Lehigh:

So it sounds like I need Libronix first to unlock my books.

I don't have LLS installed now.  Do I need to install LLS before installing Libronix?

No - only need to install Libronix 3.0g (latest version).

On an older PC, installed LLS 2, then ran update - Libronix 3.0g replaced LLS 2.

Once Libronix 3.0g installed, can synchronize licenses then install Logos 4.  Since Logos 4 does not yet have all Libronix features, may want both versions.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8737
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 22 2011 12:58 AM

Mark Lehigh:
If so, I will have to install LLS on my xp computer.  Then how do I migrate to my win7 computer?  Synchronize License again?

Install L2 and L3 on your old computer, and synchronise licences.

Install L4 on your new computer and log-in with the same username and password.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS