Importing Bible Works notes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
bryan jay | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:23 AM

Does anyone know of a way to import notes from BibleWorks into Logos4?  My Bibleworks notes are in .bww format and I have tons that I would love to associate with specific Bible chapters.

Bryan

Theological Reflection with Practical Application

SubmittedToTheWord.com

Posts 8591
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:41 AM

Short answer: no.

Bibleworks' BWW format is a slightly modified RTF format, which is legible in any RTF editor, including wordpad, OpenOffice.org and about a zillion others.

I have no doubt it would be possible to write a script or maybe even an xslt that would do some transforms I'm still not sure how you would automate it enough to attach it to relevant chapters/verses etc.

You're best bet if you're addicted to the idea is to generate a Bibleworks report on a book at a time (or chapters or whatever) and then cut and paste the results into note files.  It's the long way around yes.  But it's also the way that is already paved and ready to work.

Note that if you go this route I would anticipate long delays during the first few synchs with the Logos server while your notes are copied there.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8591
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:43 AM

Also note that there may be a way in the future to turn your BWW notes into PBB files once the PBB is made available.  Though I must confess I'm only guessing.  

Sadly I have no inside information on this.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 7400
LogosEmployee

We recently announced that we will support importing BibleWorks notes and it will be ready for testing soon: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/169913.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS