Charismatic Commentary on Acts?

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 113
Mark Prim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 3:19 AM
https://www.logos.com/product/6520/empowered-for-witness-the-spirit-in-luke-acts https://www.logos.com/product/7392/spirit-and-kingdom-in-the-writings-of-luke-and-paul I felt these two books were really good. They are not commentaries on Acts, but more of a commentary of the Spirit as He is portrayed in Luke-Acts. Another thing I did was a word study on S/spirit through Luke-Acts where I looked at who was the person interacting with the S/spirit, what was the action/result of that interaction, was there an OT reference or allusion, and a spit for notes. After going through this in various Bible Study groups with people from different theological perspectives you begin to see the logical progression of the Holy Spirit. Either way, take a look at those books.
Posts 6
Todd Hudnall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 8:56 PM

John Reagan mentioned Craig Keener but had not yet read his commentary. Craig is a CBC and AGTS grad - as well as Duke - currently teaches at Asbury. I've not completed the whole work yet but his commentaries on Acts are exceptional thus far. Very thorough with excellent departures into various subjects touched on by the text. His work is respectful to all but he certainly treats Charismatic gifts and particularly tongues as valid for today. I've read over a dozen Acts commentaries and Keener's work may be my favorite. 

Posts 46
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 10:38 PM

@Mark Prim:  Your study on S/spirit sounds intriguing.  I've written one book and am close to publishing another and often the question of whether to capitalize "spirit" puzzles me.  The interaction between us and the Holy Spirit sometimes blurs the line.  Actually, I think that is a good thing as it shows just how close and intimate our interaction with God through the S/spirit is, but I'd love to hear more about your study on that subject.

Posts 166
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 12:17 PM

A couple of people have mentioned Keener's commentary.  I wanted to agree strongly with that recommendation.  While I have not used his commentaries on Acts extensively yet, Keener is an excellent scholar.  He is not only well respected for his scholarship, but his stuff is very readable, and useful - two things that are not always found together...

For what it's worth.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS