Defender's Study Bible

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 2:53 PM

Amazon has a generous amount of sample pages from the Henry Morris Study Bible;

http://www.amazon.com/Henry-Morris-Study-Bible-The/dp/089051657X/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top 

Take a look inside and read some of the notes from Genesis. I think I will go get a print copy of this one. I still want it in Logos.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2856
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 3:55 PM

Super Tramp:
I would really, really, really like to have The Henry Morris Study Bible in Logos.

This is desirable in another way: the folks at ICR seem to be King-James-Onlyists, and if one wants to use Dr. Morris' notes with something other than the KJV, Logos would be the best way to do it. I've contacted ICR about this, and their response to my request to put Dr. Morris' notes in a modern, non-Elizabethan translation was greeted about as warmly as if I'd asked them to include some essays from Christopher Hitchens, Carl Sagan, and Daniel Dennett.

For those not familiar with Dr. Morris' work, he can come up with some pretty bizarre interpretations in some places in scripture, but his ability to link theological connections concerning the doctrine of creation together is unsurpassed. He was a first-rate scholar in the area of geology, and used his mind to become quite proficient at creationist ideas later in life. I recommend his work, with the caveat stated above.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 4:36 PM

Doc B:
This is desirable in another way: the folks at ICR seem to be King-James-Onlyists, and if one wants to use Dr. Morris' notes with something other than the KJV, Logos would be the best way to do it. I've contacted ICR about this, and their response to my request to put Dr. Morris' notes in a modern, non-Elizabethan translation was greeted about as warmly as if I'd asked them to include some essays from Christopher Hitchens, Carl Sagan, and Daniel Dennett.

I think it is more the decision of the folks at ICR than Dr. Morris. In the introduction to the Study Bible (viewable on the Amazon site) Henry Morris states that no English translation is perfect. I don't believe most KJV-Onlyists would subscribe to that statement. I think Henry Morris prefers the King James Version and probably views it as the best translation. My personal preference is the Geneva Bible and King James for church. Definitely Textus Receptus/majority text. 

But your observation is correct. The only way to get Dr Henry Morris' notes parallel to another version will be to get the Henry Morris Study Bible (KJV) into Logos. 

disclaimer: I do not speak for Logos, ICR or the late Dr Henry Morris. I don't even speak for my own church on this point! Surprise

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:10 AM

With the recent debate on creationism vs the religion of evolutionism I do not believe in, I really wish Logos would pivot and put in Ken Ham and other Genesis experts books please.

Glory to God...Jesus Lead On!

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:05 AM

JoshInRI:

With the recent debate on creationism vs the religion of evolutionism I do not believe in, I really wish Logos would pivot and put in Ken Ham and other Genesis experts books please.

Glory to God...Jesus Lead On!

Logos needs a Bill Nye Collection.

Posts 1
Robert Fultz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2016 11:20 AM

At one point in time, you could buy the Defender's Bible with the notes on a CD. I would like to have the option of using it in Logos or even just on a Disc to install on my computer.

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 8:11 PM

I read HENRY M MORRIS book THE REVELATION RECORD, and it was such an awesome read. I could not put the book down. It blew my mind out of the water! (so to speak).

I would endorse and recommend any book, commentary, study Bible, etc. by HENRY M. MORRIS.

Oh, and by the way, I love, love, love Study Bibles. I find them to be very useful to me.

Posts 156
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 8:34 AM

George Somsel:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want any study bible in Logos.  With all of the commentaries, lexicons, grammars, etc etc. what need is there of such a portable commentary?  I can understand why one might want a print copy.  It is the Logos version that puzzles me.

I for one utilize the study Bibles when I want quick information as well as being able to quickly go through the comments of several study Bibles to compare what basic information people are receiving from such study Bibles. Having them available on Logos allows me to quickly compare perhaps a dozen or more study Bibles. Imagine trying to carry twelve study Bibles with you just to compare, but that's not an issue with Logos, because they're all available right there. My standard layout has one tab for study Bibles and another tab for commentaries. Commentaries take more time to dig through. It depends on the circumstance really. I tend to start with the Basic and progress to more in-depth. The same is true of my use of Lexicons. While Strong's and Louw-Nida are pretty basic, I use them in my Reverse-Interlinear first before digging further through other lexicons.

Logos 8 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (1903) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.14.6 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPad3 iOS 9.3.5 | iPod6 iOS 12.4 | iPhoneXR iOS 13.2

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 1:19 PM

This was the old Quick Verse, now Wordsearch, that contains the Defenders Study Bible Collection - many of Morris' books. I have used the entire collection for years. I would love to have it in Logos.

Posts 2087
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 5:06 PM

I would also like to see  AIG and related materials in Logos.  The Defenders Bible would be great.

I am a Study Bible freak.  I have a collection of 'em.  Why?  There is no way I am going to pull out tomes, put on my glasses (I don't wear them) and pull down the lamp and start scholarly research during a table or front yard discussion.  Getting launched in some new thought, the study Bibles refresh me to avoid veering off some oddball direction and help me not miss something I am prone to overlook.  They are like a distilled cross-pollination of Shepherd's Notes.  

I have 17 so far and that is almost enough.  I need one more.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS