Page 5 of 7 (137 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 136 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 2
Rob Sherwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:01 PM

I just went to the Cambridge and you are right!  How did you know which was a "corresponding"  bible? Thanks for clearing that up - they are a great resource! 

Posts 996
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:32 PM

Rob Sherwood:
How did you know which was a "corresponding"  bible?

There isn't a visual indicator in the app, but of the free resources, only KJV Cambridge Paragraph and LEB have reverse interlinear data. Here is a comparison chart that shows what interlinears are available in the different Logos 4 base packages: http://www.logos.com/comparison

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 12:07 AM

Dave, that is cool!!!  I was always using the ESV and didn't realize I had so many other bibles which had RI lookups that I could use on the iPhone, until I read the comparison chart.  Wink

By the way, I tried doing word lookups with the NLT bible (seeing that the NLT RI is available in my base package), and I ended up doing a word study in English.  I wonder what's happening, perhaps Logos hasn't secured rights for the NLT Reverse Interlinear bibles to be used in the iPhone?

Posts 114
Steve Hultquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 4:31 PM

It looks like the NLT Hebrew reverse interlinear files are not available, yet, but the license is included (see note 1 on that page). I get the Interlinear in the NT but not the OT. You?

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 8:58 PM

Steve Hultquist:
It looks like the NLT Hebrew reverse interlinear files are not available, yet, but the license is included (see note 1 on that page). I get the Interlinear in the NT but not the OT. You?

That's correct, the reverse interlinear NLT OT isn't completed yet.

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 12:35 PM

Is there, or will there be a 'Collections' tab for the Iphone/Itouch? It gets maddening to keep searching the same books all the time, or doing several different steps to read the same books that I read all the time.

Posts 996
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 9:24 AM

See the Recent Books tab in the Library view. If you read the same books all the time, they will be in that list.

Posts 1
A. Moises zumaeta | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 11:13 AM

Can somebody help me!! I've just bougth and ipod touch and downloaded the free logos app, aparently everything went all right, but after instaling the app i couldn't load any book, a message like this appear on my screen "Error loading book, Logos could not load the specified book." I dont understand what is happening since i have a good wifi service!! i canot use the app at all!!! I've tried unistalling it and reinstaling but it didnt work. If anyone has a suggestion i will be very thankful!!!

Thanks,

Moises  

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 3:36 PM

I get that error when I am not connected to the internet. 

Do you have a wi fi connection that you can get on?

Posts 8
Bryan Field | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 11:56 AM

Bob,

I bought the Logos 4 Scholars Library Upgrade to use GNT works on iphone and iPad.  Unfortunately, the UBS publications have never materialized.  I m referring to NA27 versions.  Lexham is there but virtually unusable based up format issues. What is the problem with these? 

Thank You,

Bryan Field

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 9:56 AM

Bryan,

Try The Swanson New Testament Greek Morphology (UBS 4th Edition), which is the same text as the UBS4.  

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:31 PM

Bryan Field:
Unfortunately, the UBS publications have never materialized.

Nope. And unless, UBS decides to be more open with their licensing, it won't happen.

Posts 8
Bryan Field | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2010 5:11 PM

David,

Yes, but having paid hundreds of dollars for the UBS versions in the Scholar's Library, I am reluctant to shell out more.  To some degree it is an academic question.  I have since purchased Olive Tree and now have access to a quite readable GNT, BHS and LXX  with english meaning and morphology simply by touching the word on IPad or Iphone.  

There are some features in which Logos is superior, for that reason, I wanted access to the works in the library in Ipad. If I had realized that these items were not available, I would have not purchased Logos 4 Upgrade. Oddly, Olive Tree have been able to secure the licensing.  

Bryan

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2010 5:20 PM

Bryan Field:
If I had realized that these items were not available, I would have not purchased Logos 4 Upgrade. Oddly, Olive Tree have been able to secure the licensing

I am not acting on as a Logos apologist on this, but they came into the mobile app department late in the game where as Olive Tree has many years of experience in dealing with this type of licensing.  Plus where is the profit margin for Logos, Bob may be a Christian, and the company may be populated by believers, but they are a "for profit" company. While, some of us upgraded to Logos 4 because of the iPhone app, I suspect we are in the minority, so there is not really a reason to pull out all the stops and re-negotiate all of their contracts.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 4:40 AM

One of the reasons Logos sometimes struggle to get licensing agreements that other people have already secured is that Logos are committed to 'pay once, use on many devices'. If the publishers won't agree to that clause, then Logos won't make the resource available on the iPhone. (That's the situation with the NIV, for example.)

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 5:50 AM

Mark Barnes:
One of the reasons Logos sometimes struggle to get licensing agreements that other people have already secured is that Logos are committed to 'pay once, use on many devices'. If the publishers won't agree to that clause, then Logos won't make the resource available on the iPhone. (That's the situation with the NIV, for example.)

So, NIV is stopped because of the type of licensing that Logos does? I must have missed that post, I thought Logos had been silent on the subject, can you point me to that post?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 7:27 AM

Terry Poperszky:
So, NIV is stopped because of the type of licensing that Logos does?

I'm reading between the lines here. I could be wrong, but I can see no other reason.

1. We know that the NIV is not currently available on the iPhone solely because of licensing issues.
  2. We know that it's not difficult to licence the NIV if you're a developer willing to pay the fee.

It's theoretically possible that territory issues could be behind the problem, but all the other iPhone developers have solved this. I'm sure if that was the issue, Logos would have solved it too. Therefore the only issue that I can imagine is Logos' buy once use anywhere policy.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:21 AM

Mark Barnes:
It's theoretically possible that territory issues could be behind the problem, but all the other iPhone developers have solved this. I'm sure if that was the issue, Logos would have solved it too. Therefore the only issue that I can imagine is Logos' buy once use anywhere policy.

It makes as much sense as anything Mark, no one else seems to have a problem getting this in a mobile application, I assumed that it was part of a larger licensing contract and that the sticking point was not just the NIV but was bound up in a bigger issue. Frankly, I have moved on, I love the L4 app and have no intention of ditching it just because it isn't mature yet, so I picked up another inexpensive Bible app for the iPad that gives me some missing functionality until Logos has time to develop their fully.

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 1:42 PM

When you buy a book or Bible for other mobile apps, you pay for it. If you want to pay for it again on the Logos iPhone app, I'm sure we can secure licenses more quickly. What's more time consuming is coming to terms that allow us to let you view the book you paid for years ago on the desktop on the iPhone, without generating a new revenue event for the publisher.

Posts 35
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 2:02 PM

Hey Bob What ever it takes to get our favorite resources to the iphone/ipad , so im ok paying for them again(i have most of them i just need few like Reina valera 1960)

Page 5 of 7 (137 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS