Do not adjust your set...the new Logos 4 Mac icon IS crooked

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 53
Ryan Schildroth | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 2 2011 6:55 AM

Looking forward to using the update to Logos 4 Mac. My machine is reindexing as we speak. One of the first things I noticed about the program is that the icon is now on a slant in the dock. Hmm It is interesting and unsettling at the same time. Interesting because it is different. Unsettling because, well, it is different. Did the icon change on the Windows side, too? 

MacBook Pro (Late 2011) | 2.3 GHz Core i5 | 1TB HD | 8GB RAM | 10.12 Sierra | Scholar's Library +

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 7:29 AM

Ryan Schildroth:
Did the icon change on the Windows side, too? 

No - Logos 4.2a program icon on windows:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33
rom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 7:34 AM

I like it -- it looks more like it belongs on the Mac rather than on Frumpy Windows!

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 7:37 AM

Ryan Schildroth:

Looking forward to using the update to Logos 4 Mac. My machine is reindexing as we speak. One of the first things I noticed about the program is that the icon is now on a slant in the dock. Hmm It is interesting and unsettling at the same time. Interesting because it is different. Unsettling because, well, it is different. Did the icon change on the Windows side, too? 

That is fairly standard Mac appearance.

Posts 995
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 7:37 AM

Hadn't spotted that!  Looks like they've tried to bring the icon into conformity with the native mac icons.  Not sure they quite match the angles though!

Posts 53
Ryan Schildroth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 7:37 AM

It is growing on me, too. I hope the under-the-hood changes are as sleek as the new icon. Wink

MacBook Pro (Late 2011) | 2.3 GHz Core i5 | 1TB HD | 8GB RAM | 10.12 Sierra | Scholar's Library +

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 7:38 AM

Logos 4.2a Mac icon:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 82
Andrew Hanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 8:12 AM

It's shiny too. Aren't all Mac products supposed to be 'lickable'?

Posts 30
Dr. John Wheeler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 9:02 AM

I love the new icon!!

Let's be honest, the old Logos icon stuck out like a sore thumb on the dock because it does not look 3D. The old icon looked like someone cut it off a box and pasted it on your screen when compared to the new one.

The worlds premier Bible software should have an icon that properly represents it. Great job!!

Posts 2402
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 8:40 PM

Hadn't noticed that aspect of the icons as not all of the Apple icons have an angled view. I like the new look and am messing around with a copy of it in GIMP to see if I can create something a little more interesting. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS