Issue with highlighting in Notes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 131
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 3 2011 8:31 PM

I have searched the forums and have not found anyone else mentioning this problem, so it is probably user ignorance, but I am having a problem with highlighting in my Notes.  Prior to the latest update (4.2a), I would select a text, right click and add it to my Note file, and enter my notes into the file.  I could also select the color of the highlighter.  When I was done, whatever text I had selected would have a colored square at the front and all of the text would be highlighted the same color.

Since the update, I no longer have highlighted text, only the colored square at the front end of my selection.  How do I change it back?  I would like the selected text to be highlighted and have the box.  I have looked through the program settings and do not see anything that would pertain to highlighting preferences.

Any thoughts?  Thanks for your help.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 9:18 PM

Tim Farley:
Any thoughts?

Tim, do you mean that old notes no longer display as they did, or are you referring to new notes?

Remember that highlighting only works if you add a note to a Selection rather than a Reference (the options in the right click menu).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 131
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 9:55 PM

Thanks, Mark.  I knew it was something I was doing.  I did not realize that I had "Reference" selected rather than "Selection" in the right click menu.  Sometimes these small things are so easy to overlook.  I have just recently started using notes and still getting used to all of the details.  Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS