Is it true that stuff was removed from Platinum?

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 5 2011 8:12 AM

I was considering upgrading from Gold to Platinum, however I remember being told that stuff had been removed from the platinum package. After searching through the forums, I see that there was mention of Baker commentaries that no longer seem to be in the package. Is it true that they were removed? They could not be more useful to me and it'll be a complete dealbreaker if they've been removed.

Thanks!

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 8:16 AM

It's true.

All Baker titles that were in the Platinum LE package are no longer available in the Platinum KF package:

* Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (8 Vols.)
    * Baker New Testament Commentary (12 Vols.)
    * Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible (4 Vols.)
    * Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology and Counseling, 2nd ed.
    * Classical Pastoral Care (4 Vols.)
    * The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations
    * Apostolic Fathers Morphologically Analyzed
    * Analytical Key to the Old Testament (4 Vols.)

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28219/208936.aspx

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 8:17 AM

Unfortunately they have been removed and not replaced by an equivalent. I agree that this is a significant loss to Platinum and would alter the deal for me if I hadn't made the jump previously.

This was Baker's decision, not Logos'. I can't speak to other issues like pricing or adding new content to replace what was lost.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 8:20 AM

That's a complete shame, and it would have been those titles that would have persuaded me to buy. Oh well, will just stick with Gold!

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 8:28 AM

I agree that it is a shame. I hope, however, Baker remains a committed partner to Logos, and especially that they begin to release the newer Exegetical commentaries in Logos format.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3731
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 2:32 PM

Mark A. Smith:
this is a significant loss to Platinum

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 4:07 PM

Before these books was dropped from the Platinum the jump from Gold to Platinum was one of the best package grades for the money, I still believe it is a good upgrade, but it is not near as good as it was!

I actually went from Libronix 3 to Logos 4 when it first came out, just to get the great buy on the platinum, I am not sure I would have done that if it was the new package deal, I might have waited longer before making the jump!

I am soooo thankful that I was given the chance to get the Platinum as it was when Logos 4 first came out, those were some great books that have been dropped!

Overall, I just can't believe the library that LOGOS has allowed me to build on a very limited budget, and I am very thankful for Logos!!!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 4:11 PM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:

Before these books was dropped from the Platinum the jump from Gold to Platinum was one of the best package grades for the money, I still believe it is a good upgrade, but it is not near as good as it was!

I actually went from Libronix 3 to Logos 4 when it first came out, just to get the great buy on the platinum, I am not sure I would have done that if it was the new package deal, I might have waited longer before making the jump!

I am soooo thankful that I was given the chance to get the Platinum as it was when Logos 4 first came out, those were some great books that have been dropped!

Overall, I just can't believe the library that LOGOS has allowed me to build on a very limited budget, and I am very thankful to Logos!!!

YesYes

Same story here!

Posts 1495
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 4:54 PM

Wow. Thats sad. Thanks Jesus I purchased before KF

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 5:10 PM

To think, I had bought my first package a couple weeks after they had been removed too. I find it a bit weird that Logos apparently didn't change the pricing or add new content. Oh well!

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 5:30 PM

Thomas Yassine Bourega:
I find it a bit weird that Logos apparently didn't change the pricing or add new content. Oh well!

Yeah, I do too.  I used to recommend Platinum to people without reservation, but now I recommend they weigh the cost of the resources they want in the collection with buying them separately.

I do admit, though, that I found enough value in the LE Platinum collection to buy it in spite of already owning the BECNT, BNTC, and the Apostolic Fathers (and not caring about the other Baker resources). For me, it was the following items that convinced me that Platinum was worth the upgrade:

• A. W. Pink Collection (40 Vols.)   
  • Berkouwer’s Studies in Dogmatics (14 Vols.)   
  • Charles Simeon’s Horae Homileticae Commentary (21 Vols.)
  • Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research
  • Works of John Bunyan (61 Vols.)

I almost didn't do it though, since those items were all on my nice-to-have list, and not my need-to-have list.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 5:44 PM

Love isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about Charles Simeon’s Horae Homileticae.  Geeked

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 4:56 AM

With this in mind, it would seem better to purchase a lesser package, and spend the difference on resources we really want.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 5:52 AM

Schezic:

With this in mind, it would seem better to purchase a lesser package, and spend the difference on resources we really want.

Absolutely. With all the upgrades, it's important to do the Maths, and work out whether it's better to buy the individual resources, or get the upgrade. But it all depends on what you value, of course.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 6:07 AM

Thomas Yassine Bourega:

To think, I had bought my first package a couple weeks after they had been removed too. I find it a bit weird that Logos apparently didn't change the pricing or add new content. Oh well!

Actually, it's even worse than that. Base packages were 20% off until New Year, and then this content was taken out a just a few days later, if I remember the dates correctly. So those who buy Platinum now not only get considerably less than they would have done in December, they also pay 25% more than they would have done then. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 6:10 AM

It's a Conspiracy. Angry

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 6:55 AM

fgh:
Actually, it's even worse than that. Base packages were 20% off until New Year, and then this content was taken out a just a few days later, if I remember the dates correctly. So those who buy Platinum now not only get considerably less than they would have done in December, they also pay 25% more than they would have done then. 

You can still get 15% off base packages with a bit of googling.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 12:49 PM

As the new translations ... 'Google and ye shall find.'

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 2:39 PM

Michael Anda:

Love isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about Charles Simeon’s Horae Homileticae.  Geeked

+1

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 208
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:36 AM

Mark A. Smith:
 this is a significant loss to Platinum and would alter the deal for me

+1 Yes

I was ready to make the switch from Gold to Platinum...and found this thread Sad
Not sure I can now justify the spend. (I don't suppose there are coupons for upgrades?)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS