Is it true that stuff was removed from Platinum?

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:56 AM

Denise Barnhart:

As the new translations ... 'Google and ye shall find.'

I like that Big Smile Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 208
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 2:16 AM

Denise Barnhart:
As the new translations ... 'Google and ye shall find.'

I googleth, but findest not.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:27 AM

You mean you googled for 15% off logos bible software and found nothing?

Posts 208
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:35 AM

Damian McGrath:

You mean you googled for 15% off logos bible software and found nothing?

I should learn to be more specific (but then, it is the wee small hours here in NZ)  Wink
Yes I found links with references to discounts (mostly quite dated).....but, no, I did not find one that would update my cart.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 9:28 AM

Aaron Knotts:

Yes I found links with references to discounts (mostly quite dated).....but, no, I did not find one that would update my cart.

The widely available 15% discounts are discounts off base packages only. There are also a small number of discounts available on individual products, but these tend to be short-lasting. There are no coupon codes that I'm aware of that give you discounts off multiple products.

Posts 461
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:30 AM

Mark Barnes:
There are no coupon codes that I'm aware of that give you discounts off multiple products.

Discount Code: "I'm a student."

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:33 AM

That wouldn't be advocation of fraud, would it?

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 12:25 PM

Thomas Yassine Bourega:
That wouldn't be advocation of fraud, would it?

According to his profile, David is a student. I'm sure he wasn't advocating abuse of these discounts, just reminding us that students do receive discounts off most Logos products.

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 12:29 PM

OK. Bad context, i guess.

Posts 208
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 12:55 PM

Thank you all for your help and comments. Having now looked at the price of upgrade with a 15% off coupon that works (and I used to think I was adept at googleConfused) it is time to prioritize the resources and determine if the upgrade minus the Baker products is justifiable.

I feel very blessed to even have the gold package, and to be able to visit the forums for help, advice and pointers for how to get better use out of Logos4.
You are all a blessing! 

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 6:38 PM

I suspect the reason Baker removed them is likely related to their publication of their own bible translation, "God's Word", which also does not appear to be available in Logos either. Baker acquired the rights to the translation about 3 years ago, and have committed a considerable portion of their resources to getting it out. I've only seen it in book form one time, in a Family Christian Store a few months ago. I have not thoroughly investigated the translation and can say nothing about it.

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 7:01 PM

Randal M Lane:

I suspect the reason Baker removed them is likely related to their publication of their own bible translation, "God's Word", which also does not appear to be available in Logos either. Baker acquired the rights to the translation about 3 years ago, and have committed a considerable portion of their resources to getting it out.

From my 20 years in Christian publishing experience, I can almost certainly assure you that translation has nothing to do with Baker making that move.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 8:32 PM

Randal M Lane:

I suspect the reason Baker removed them is likely related to their publication of their own bible translation, "God's Word", which also does not appear to be available in Logos either. Baker acquired the rights to the translation about 3 years ago, and have committed a considerable portion of their resources to getting it out. I've only seen it in book form one time, in a Family Christian Store a few months ago. I have not thoroughly investigated the translation and can say nothing about it.

Hi Randal!           Peace to you!             *smile*

Actually, I bought God's Word from Logos in December 2006.  One of my absolutely most favourite versions!   Really an excellent translation!

Baker's name is now on the version listed on the Logos Web Site:

http://www.logos.com/product/565/gods-word-translation

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:48 AM

I found it now. I somehow missed it paging through the "Bibles" listing from the products page (trying to search yields results sets that are too large to page through).

Good to know Baker did not pull that from Logos though.

I made a wrong assumption too that Baker removed them from Logos entirely, but it appears the items were just removed from teh Platinum edition only. My bad.

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 7:51 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Randal M Lane:

Hi Randal!           Peace to you!             *smile*

Actually, I bought God's Word from Logos in December 2006.  One of my absolutely most favourite versions!   Really an excellent translation!

Baker's name is now on the version listed on the Logos Web Site:

http://www.logos.com/product/565/gods-word-translation

My lecturer, an Oxford-graduated OT and Hebrew lecturer says that it's his favourite translation, accuracy factored in.

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS