Just One More Thing Left To Do

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 20 2011 9:05 AM

At least as far as I am concerned Smile

I know I have asked about this time and time again, but is Logos working on a true topic search? You can sort of get around this by doing a Basic Search: Search Fields:Heading Text, but that only works with journals and Bibles and not dictionaries.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 1:25 PM

Wonder about Large Text basic search in Bible--Dictionaries ?

Also noticed Passage Guide has Topics and Illustrations sections:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19253
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 1:47 PM

Jeremy:
I know I have asked about this time and time again, but is Logos working on a true topic search?

Yes, they are, using Logos Controlled Vocabulary (LCV). They are progressively tagging all the dictionaries/encyclopedias with LCV and most of the important and popular ones are finished already. If you do a Basic search for a topic, all the dictionary/encyclopedia entries for that topic will show up in the Topic section of the Search results. You must search your Entire Library (topic search currently doesn't work if you restrict your search to a collection, though we've been asking for them to change that). This is a screenshot from the Windows version. Does Mac version not have the Topic section at the top of Search results?

Note that you might have to click to expand it if it's collapsed:

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 2:22 PM

Hi Rosie,

I can confirm that the Mac version does have the topic search,

I had to to click to expand it as you mentioned at the bottom of your post

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 4:27 PM

Thanks for that Rosie. This must have happened in a recent update because I try to check to see if they finally did this every time.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 6:30 PM

Jeremy:

Thanks for that Rosie. This must have happened in a recent update because I try to check to see if they finally did this every time.

Likewise Thanks - noticed Logos Controlled Vocabulary resource update three days ago.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19253
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 6:54 PM

Jeremy:

It's been around for a while, but is easy to overlook if the section is collapsed. And perhaps it hasn't been on the Mac for all that long, but I'm pretty sure they had it as early as when 4.0 shipped for Mac.

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
noticed Logos Controlled Vocabulary resource update three days ago.

Yes, they added a few new resources to it recently (I think they said the black IVP dictionaries have finally been added, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet).

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 7:48 PM

Yes the IVP series has been added

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:59 PM

I found that the reason I was missing this feature earlier was that I was trying to find the syntax using something similar to the way L3 did it. I was also hung up by searching my collections instead of my Entire Library. I has spent a great deal of time setting up collections and was trying to do the topic searches there - you have to search the Entire Library. Hope they change that in the future.

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS