This post has 51 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2
Rex Tse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 10:17 AM

rex dot tph at gmail dot com

thx

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 10:21 AM

Thanks, Wynn!            Your help much appreciated!

*smile*

I even added an extra My Documents Folder so it would be there in case Logos 4 needed it there.

The new My Documents subfolder also contains          Libronix DLS              within that             SentenceDiagrams            and within that       Terry's extracted files.

Alas!           To no avail.                      Tried:  Import All               Also Tried:  Import Sentence Diagrams...

Did not bother to reboot again....  however did close and reopen Logos 4 .................              again, to no avail!      *smile*

Peace, Wynn!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 11:04 AM

I am still not convinced the folders are in the right place.  Let's try this.

Using File Explorer, start at your C: driver and see if the right folder directory exists:

It should be C:\Users\<Your user name>\My Documents\Libronix DLS\SentenceDiagrams.  So for example when you log on to Win 7 if your user name is Murray, it would be C:\Users\Murray\My Documents\Libronix DLS\SentenceDiagrams. Then the unzipped files like JAMES 2.lbxsdg go in the SentenceDiagrams folder.

The first part of that, C:\Users\<Your User name>\My Documents should exist without you creating it.

Is this User Name the same account you run Logos 4 under? I assume it is...

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:42 PM

Ta very much.

richardwardman (at) gmail (dot) com

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 1:26 PM

Downloaded zip files from earlier post - thanks.

Haven't been able to get these into Logos 4 Mac as yet.  Have tried the processes described above, and variations thereof, but as yet no joy.  Any other Mac users having success?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 1:47 PM

Dominick Sela:

I am still not convinced the folders are in the right place.  Let's try this.

Using File Explorer, start at your C: driver and see if the right folder directory exists:

It should be C:\Users\<Your user name>\My Documents\Libronix DLS\SentenceDiagrams.  So for example when you log on to Win 7 if your user name is Murray, it would be C:\Users\Murray\My Documents\Libronix DLS\SentenceDiagrams. Then the unzipped files like JAMES 2.lbxsdg go in the SentenceDiagrams folder.

The first part of that, C:\Users\<Your User name>\My Documents should exist without you creating it.

Is this User Name the same account you run Logos 4 under? I assume it is...

Thank you, Dominick, for sticking with this.  I do not understand what I am doing wrong, and may have to make an "end run" with my other computer and stick it in Logos3 there.  However, this is a problem; and I'd love to resolve it if possible.  I might even learn something!    *smile*

But ----   As Alice said in Wonderland ----   "this is getting curiouser and curiouser"!       *smile*

OK!     I checked everything out like you posted, and I've done it all.  I did add the extra "My Documents" just in case; however, even when I did it, I didn't think that was the way to go.  Then, finally gave up as I said in my last post.

Here are the screen shots, and if you can see where I've erred   (I dont think errors need to be forgiven, do they?), I would be appreciative and we can both put this behind us!

Peace to you, Dominick!                                            *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 1:52 PM

Am sending also to complete everything I know how to do!

(at least in this area!)            *smile*                                                               Peace!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 5:51 PM

I think I see what the problem is. You have the ZIP files that were attached to a post above, in the SentenceDiagrams folder. Wrong!  You want the file contained within the ZIP file in the SentenceDiagrams folder.

Do this and apply to both files:

1. Go to JAMES 3-2.lbxsdg. Right click on it, and Copy.

2. Go to the Libronix DLS folder, and on the right where you see SentenceDiagrams, right click on it, and Paste. This takes the true sentence diagram file and copies it out of the Zip file, which Win 7 shows as a folder, and copies it into the SentenceDiagrams folder.

3. Test Import All to see the files are now in Logos 4.

Once this works, you can delete the two ZIP folders underneath SentenceDiagrams folder. You can in fact delete the .lbxsdg files too, as they are now in Logos 4.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 7:20 PM

Thank you!  Thank you!  Like young'uns would say, "You are da man!"

Your advice worked perfectly! 

That was it!  I appreciate all your efforts, and I think I learned something..........

Now....     to delete all that extraneous stuff from my hard drive!            *smile*

Peace, Dominick.                     Now and always!

*smile*

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 8:18 PM

Great! Glad we finally figured it out!   Enjoy!

Posts 2
Philip A. Guske | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 13 2011 4:08 PM

Terry, I am interested in the diagram of James chapter 4. I only have the leader's library, so the diagramming won't work on my system. Do you have a word or PRD of this? Please let me know. Regards, Philip - guske79 at yah00

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 13 2011 4:15 PM

Philip A. Guske:

Terry, I am interested in the diagram of James chapter 4. I only have the leader's library, so the diagramming won't work on my system. Do you have a word or PRD of this? Please let me know. Regards, Philip - guske79 at yah00

Hello Phil,

The sentence diagram tool is a freebie on all L3's and L4's as far as I know and I think it's included on all packages. Follow the instructions to download and it will be there for you.

I don't have it in any format other than LDLS. Sorry.

Terry Cook

sDg

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 13 2011 4:51 PM

Terry Cook:
The sentence diagram tool is a freebie on all L3's and L4's as far as I know and I think it's included on all packages.

Terry,

Sentence Diagramming is available  in Original Languages package and up (see Comparison chart).

It seems to be available in L3 in the same package and up (see Discontinued Packages)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 10054
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 13 2011 5:05 PM

steve clark:

Terry Cook:
The sentence diagram tool is a freebie on all L3's and L4's as far as I know and I think it's included on all packages.

Terry,

Sentence Diagramming is available  in Original Languages package and up (see Comparison chart).

It seems to be available in L3 in the same package and up (see Discontinued Packages)

Steve, 

it seems that you are right, however it may be that Sentence Diagramming is also part of some other packages (SESB perhaps?) or undocumentedly of the Minimal Crossgrade, since I don't find evidence that I ever bought the SD standalone Add-In, but the SDs work in my installation without a base package. 

Anyway, the SD Add-In is available for purchase should anyone not have it, and I believe the L3 Add-In licence carries over to L4 (at least that's the way it worked with other L3 Add-Ins I bought). http://www.logos.com/product/1810/sentence-diagramming-addin 

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 13 2011 5:10 PM

That would be great! Hope those who want it can get it.

Posts 10054
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 12:24 AM

steve clark:

That would be great! Hope those who want it can get it.

Yes, this will work. Just saw that according to http://www.logos.com/product/1810/sentence-diagramming-addin Sentence Diagramming Addin really is part of SESB - which I have - and a number of packages, including Original Languages up, Catholic Scholars and the Spanish packages Biblioteca Pastoral and up. The Libronix addin will also allow using SDs in L4, that's what works on my PC - not that I could do much more than admire Terry's wonderful diagrams. Seems I should really work with it and http://www.logos.com/product/1794/diagrammatical-analysis (which I have bought individually, but comes with Original Languages and up) and Eric Sowell's Guide http://www.lexelsoftware.com/Downloads/IntermediateGuideToGreekDiagramming.pdf

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13
David Melchior | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 10:17 AM

Terry, If you are still reading this thread, include me for the James diagrams. 

Thanks!

drdmel@comcast.net

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 10:29 AM

David Melchior:

Thanks!

drdmel@comcast.net

Someone has copied all the diagrams to date elsewhere but oddly enough I haven't kept up with where! Perhaps someone will help us out here or maybe you can find them use the serach "sentence diagrams".

Terry

sDg

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 10:43 AM

David Melchior:

Thanks!

drdmel@comcast.net

I'm a big fan of Terry's sentence diagrams for sure!                  Peace, David!               *smile*

They can be found here:          http://wiki.logos.com/Tools_and_Files_supplied_by_users#Sentence_Diagram_files   This link will lead you to the right places!

Please note:  They need to be installed on L3.0g (or substitute directory) and then imported into L4!

Hebrews 12:1

Perhaps someone can confirm whether this includes all of them.  Just leaving my desk now and do not have time to check.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:28 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
Perhaps someone can confirm whether this includes all of them. 

To the best of my knowledge this list is complete

Milford Charles Murray:
They need to be installed on L3.0g (or substitute directory) and then imported into L4!

There is a link to a wiki page in that section which tells how to install his diagrams into L4.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS