Reading Plan Mystery ? verse breaks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19
Word Explorer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 21 2011 6:41 PM

Puzzled by Reading Plan verse breaks for reading ESV NT each week day in one year - 48 verses one day and 11 the next day to be read; can't the program count isn't the program suppose to count verses to make equal verses per day.  The verse breaks appear goofy compared to previous days, which is frustrating.

Wish reading plan had whole chapters option.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 6:36 PM

Workaround idea: wiki has Reading Plans page that includes some forum post links for technically inclined to modify reading plan generated by Logos 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10596
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:00 AM

Word Explorer:
48 verses one day and 11 the next

I'm sure you know that you can set the number of verses to read each day. Of course, the daily reading will not normally end on a pericope boundary, but you could read a few extra—or less—verses to a break.

Posts 19
Word Explorer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 6:43 AM

I'd like chapters for reading plan.

A college and theological seminary plan has OT reading of every day 2 chapters (excludes Poetry but includes Job), Poetry reading of every week day 1 chapter (except Psalms 119 has 8 verses per day), and NT reading of every week day 1 chapter.

Jack Caviness:
Of course, the daily reading will not normally end on a pericope boundary, but you could read a few extra—or less—verses to a break.

Oh how I wish for pericope and chapter reading plan choices.

I'm confused. My computer can't count 16 verses per session.  Aug 3 is 26 verses. Aug 4 is 9 verses. Aug 5 is 12 verses. Aug 6 is 20 verses. Aug 7 is 9 verses. Aug 8 is 24 verses. Aug 18 is 15 verses. Aug 19 is 17 verses. Aug 20 is 12 verses. Aug 21 is 11 verses. Aug 22 is 11 verses.  Aug 24 is 21 verses. ...

Psalms 118 and 136 split strange. Computer counting is weird in many Psalms.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 7:01 AM

Jack Caviness:

Word Explorer:
48 verses one day and 11 the next

I'm sure you know that you can set the number of verses to read each day. Of course, the daily reading will not normally end on a pericope boundary, but you could read a few extra—or less—verses to a break.

Word Explorer:
Oh how I wish for pericope and chapter reading plan choices.

Concur, wish reading plan had 1 more drop down with 3 choices (default to Automatic):

* Automatic

* Pericope

* Chapter

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS