Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 2985
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 9:11 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Jon Rumble:
I guess the obvious question is - while some of the features obviously require net access, will future updates bring the ability to download bibles or other books to the phone itself for offline reading? Otherwise if eg you're on a plane, the app becomes unusable...

No rest for the weary... :-)

Yes, we did realize this would be the first question. And offline access is in our plans. 

But a combination of issues -- the amount of content, the desire to not have to charge you twice (at the behest of either the publisher or Apple), and some technical concerns -- caused us to put this off.

I'm glad you got something going. Thank you. I won't be able to take advantage of it til offline access is implemented since all the places I was hoping to use it do not have wifi. I would be satisfied with a mean-time fix (if this would be easier to implement) of just syncing select books for offline access with limited search ability. The full functionality would be there only when online. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 607
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 9:50 AM

For those of you who have the iPhone and the app - what books are available?  Are all your books, certain books, or certain publishers?

John

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 10:13 AM

John Fugh, Jr.:

For those of you who have the iPhone and the app - what books are available?  Are all your books, certain books, or certain publishers?

John

The only thing I do not see in my iPhone library is NICOT/NICNT - it might be the matter Bob mentioned about the permission of the publisher. I see all volumes of WBC and all other books I tried to find.

Bohuslav

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 10:22 AM

5 star rating given.  Check.

Review entered.  Check.

Made the senior pastor jealous.  Check.

Now to the fun.  Using the app.

Thanks everyone at Logos.  Sweet app.  Well done.  No complaints.

John

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:08 AM

can you mark-up the text?

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:19 AM

Amazing!

Can the passage guide be customized? It only shows: commentaries, cross references, literary types, media resources, topics, and interesting words?

Posts 26
Perry Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:27 AM

My iPhone app for Logos does not show hardly anything from my library.   The word study screens also always comes back saying that it can't locate that word.   I am signed in on the app.   I have three "Read the Bible in a Year" listings on the home page of the app.   Is there a step that I missed somewhere to sync it up?

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 11:34 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

John Fugh, Jr.:

John

The only thing I do not see in my iPhone library is NICOT/NICNT - it might be the matter Bob mentioned about the permission of the publisher. I see all volumes of WBC and all other books I tried to find.

Did you have to do anything special to see volumes of WBC in the app? I too own WBC but don't see any of them in my library.

Andrew

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:22 PM

As a Logos user from the beginning and an iPhone carrier, I have been waiting for this for a while!  Thanks Logos!  You guys are awesome! Can't wait to see how this matures! Just added my 5-star review.

Posts 76
Philip Gurgel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:38 PM

I'm having the same problem as Perry Payne.  I have three Bible study listings too.  My library is very small compared to what it normally is.  Am I missing something?  Or is this something where I need to wait until version 4 comes out. 

What has me confused is that it seems like many people have almost their entire libraries availabe to them right now, what did they do to get that?

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:03 PM

AndrewHughes:

Did you have to do anything special to see volumes of WBC in the app? I too own WBC but don't see any of them in my library.

Andrew

I don't know. I just looked into the Library section on my iPhone and it shows most of my books, wbc including. Be encouraged. Even it doesn't work for you yet, my case proves it is intended, so let them work on that a little bit more and it should be OK. I am quite excited about the possibility of having my entire library in the iPhone. That's really something Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 12
Bill Caulfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:13 PM

I have only Public Domain books - and have reinstalled the app without getting access to the books in my PC library.

Is there something special that need to be done to get access to the books on my library? 

Posts 58
ZoesProudDaddy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:18 PM

Same here. I don't see 1/20th of my library to be exact. Due to the fact that I only purchased individual volumes and the Anchor Commentary set directly from the Logos website, maybe that has something to do with it? Even so Anchor isn't showing up. When I go to my online account on the website, it doesn't show that I have Gold even though I do. Hmm..

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:22 PM

ZoesProudDaddy:

Same here. I don't see 1/20th of my library to be exact. Due to the fact that I only purchased individual volumes and the Anchor Commentary set directly from the Logos website, maybe that has something to do with it? Even so Anchor isn't showing up. When I go to my online account on the website, it doesn't show that I have Gold even though I do. Hmm..

I'm in the same boat as you. I purchased my WBC over the phone it doesn't show up in my online account. I've pinged Logos support... we'll see what they respond with tomorrow... hoping it's something simple on their side. I'm too excited to take no for an answer Big Smile

Posts 1720
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:23 PM

BillCaulfield:
Is there something special that need to be done to get access to the books on my library? 

In some cases we don't yet have permission from the publisher to offer the book for mobile access. (We're working on this, and adding books almost daily.)

But the bigger issue is that you don't have access to the "use my library" feature; stay tuned for more news very soon....  :-)

-- Bob

Posts 58
ZoesProudDaddy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:39 PM

Well I think that some of us are confused since there are a few that have mentioned they have access to quite a few more books than others. For instance, some have access to their WBC while others like myself do not. For me its more of a confusion, not so much a problem.

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 2:07 PM

ZoesProudDaddy:

Well I think that some of us are confused since there are a few that have mentioned they have access to quite a few more books than others. For instance, some have access to their WBC while others like myself do not. For me its more of a confusion, not so much a problem.

That's exactly it. Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything.. you know :)

If someone from Logos can just clarify what we should expect in the way of additional books I'd be happy... even if it's nothing more that what I see now I'm still happy for now!

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 5:22 PM

LaRosa Johnson:

i'm going to pass on purchasing an iPod Touch, at least until it's able to be used offline because for the way i had anticipated using it, it's not going to work w/o having Internet access.

lj.

so i changed my mind & bought one on the way home from church... :)

lj.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 5:50 PM

LaRosa Johnson:

i'm going to pass on purchasing an iPod Touch, at least until it's able to be used offline because for the way i had anticipated using it, it's not going to work w/o having Internet access.

so i changed my mind & bought one on the way home from church... :)

lj.

hahahahahahha  . . . couldn't resist, eh?  :)  Well, now I WISH i had bought an iTouch instead of my classic . . .

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 6:07 PM

nope, couldn't resist... LOL... one of the guys @ church showed it to me on his iPhone, and i was sold, even if i can only access it via wifi :-) and i'll hold out hope that it won't be long before i can have offline access

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS