Page 5 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 85 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:04 AM

ZoesProudDaddy:

If it's accessible via the free update then I am still running into issues with my books not being available.

Ditto for me.  I've upgraded to 4.0, its syncing properly (i.e. I'm seeing Favorites I created on Windows with 4.0 showing up on my iPod).  However, as best as I can tell, none of my books are showing up in my library.

I've never purchased a package, but I've added to my collection via individual items over the years and lots of purchases from other partners (some of these aren't 3.0 resources AFAIK).  Does that make a difference?

Linden

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:16 PM

The iPhone synchronization is a feature of the Logos 4 products; if you purchase the minimum crossgrade package (http://www.logos.com/minimalcrossgrade) you'll get the resources that make Logos 4 shine (people, places, things, controlled vocabulary, etc.) as well as the ability to read many (as permissions allow) of your resources on the iPhone.

Sorry for the confusion!

Posts 12
Bill Caulfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:25 PM

So when is free not free - when you have to purchase another product to make the free product useful.

Bob, thanks for the clarification. 

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:40 PM

BillCaulfield:

So when is free not free - when you have to purchase another product to make the free product useful.

If I am correct the information always was from the beginning that engine is free. You can get v4 engine and use it. However it looks pretty fair to me that if you want to get a new stuff and functions, you have to get a minimal package. It was the same with let's say PBB Book Reader and v3. It worked only with the Base Packages. You could have a library of thousands$ resources but you would miss that tool. Looks simple and fair to me. iPhone application also is free, however it is logical you need to have a Logos 4 iPhone enabled functionality to get  your library to your iPhone. Otherwise you can enjoy a basic set of resources. That is how I understand that.

Bohuslav

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 2:25 PM

Thanks for the update Bob.  That explains why the books haven't shown up on my iPhone.

I do have some follow up questions.  I've noticed that those who've previously purchased packages are raving at the upgrade discount.  However, I've never purchased a base package and I'm only seeing upgrade options for four packages.

1. Is this correct?  Should I only have the upgrade discount for four packages?  The Bible Study package is the package I'm interested in, but I have no discount option for that package.
  2. For the four packages that do offer me a discount, the discount percentage is nice, but it's not as dramatic as what others have indicated.  Is this because I've only purchased things piecemeal and thus don't get the mega discount?

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining, I just want to understand my options, any maybe get a [slightly bigger] discount on the Bible Study package.

Linden

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 2:25 PM

BillCaulfield:

Well, the parts that are free are free: the code (we spent millions to write Logos 4), the iPhone app (surprisingly expensive to build), and quite a bit of content (more than 25 books at no charge on the iPhone if you use a Logos.com account, whether you bought Logos 4 or not).

I think that's enough to count as "useful".... we need to keep something to sell in order to pay the bills! :-)

Page 5 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS