Geerhardus Vos' Reformed Dogmatics: A First-Ever English Translation

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 23
Garry Vanderveen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 4:56 PM

Contact the Dutch Reformed Translation Society. They oversaw the translation of Bavinck. 

Posts 2
Richard Barcellos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 5:29 PM

Joel Beeke

Posts 1
New Covenant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 9:05 AM

Vos on Hebrews, Pauline Eschatology and The Eschatology of the Old Testament are unsurpassed. I would love to see them in Logos format as well. Also, if this works perhaps Logos would consider doing a translation of Cocceius' Summa Doctrinae de Foedere et Testamento Dei.

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 9:16 AM

Nicholas T. Batzig:

Vos on Hebrews, Pauline Eschatology and The Eschatology of the Old Testament are unsurpassed. I would love to see them in Logos format as well. Also, if this works perhaps Logos would consider doing a translation of Cocceius' Summa Doctrinae de Foedere et Testamento Dei.

YesCool

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 11:02 AM

I just had a fun thought of an interlinear of both the new English translation side by side with the German Dutch.  

It would be great exercise for those of us who have let their German Dutch slide.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1506
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 11:03 AM

Thomas Black:

I just had a fun thought of an interlinear of both the new English translation side by side with the German.  

It would be great exercise for those of us who have let their German slide.  

German?!

Edit: Interlinear?!?! Stick out tongue

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 11:07 AM

Hendrik-Jan van der Wal:
German?!
Surprise

Um.  Dutch.  Sorry Netherlands, not Germany.  I'm going away now.  Embarrassed

Posts 1506
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 11:10 AM

Apologies accepted! Smile

Thomas Black:

I just had a fun thought of an interlinear of both the new English translation side by side with the German Dutch.  

It would be great exercise for those of us who have let their German Dutch slide.  

Yes

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 12:44 PM

Nicholas T. Batzig:
Vos on Hebrews, Pauline Eschatology and The Eschatology of the Old Testament are unsurpassed. I would love to see them in Logos format as well.

We're working on a collection of Vos's English writings.

Nicholas T. Batzig:
Also, if this works perhaps Logos would consider doing a translation of Cocceius' Summa Doctrinae de Foedere et Testamento Dei.

Great suggestion. If you have other suggestions, add them here: Translation Projects.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 12:59 PM

Hendrik-Jan van der Wal:
Apologies accepted! Smile κτλ
So let it be written amended so let it be done.

Posts 1
Christopher Wisdom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 2:05 PM

Concur. Another key advisor would be Dr. Richard B. Gaffin, Jr., now retired professor from Westminster Theological Seminary, if his health permits. He has been one of the most prominent and profound exponents and expounders of Vos in the USA in the last 35 years.

Posts 1506
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 2:09 PM

Phil Gons:

Nicholas T. Batzig:
Also, if this works perhaps Logos would consider doing a translation of Cocceius' Summa Doctrinae de Foedere et Testamento Dei.

Great suggestion. If you have other suggestions, add them here: Translation Projects.

I don't want to cause the Voetian-Cocceian controversy to flare up again, but I just added some works by Voetius to the Translation Projects Page. Can we also suggest works that are still under copyright?

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 2:33 PM

Hendrik-Jan van der Wal:
Can we also suggest works that are still under copyright?

Sure, but please indicate them as such as they'll involve an additional layer of expense and effort.

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 2:55 PM

Hendrik-Jan van der Wal:
I don't want to cause the Voetian-Cocceian controversy to flare up again, but I just added some works by Voetius to the Translation Projects Page. Can we also suggest works that are still under copyright?

Yes, thanks for suggesting a translation of Voetius workYesStarMusic

The Voetian-Cocceian controversy should it flare up again, oh boy which modern theologian will mediate,Joel R. Beeke?Smile

Ted

Edit

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 8
Steve Postma | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 6:38 PM

I am very thankful for such a project / translation, but the translator is of utmost importance.  If they do a poor job then it would be a disservice to the author and the project.  The Dutch Translation Society (Herman Bavinck and other dutch theology works) would be great!

Posts 40
Peter_G | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 4:11 AM

Phil Gons:

Richard Barcellos:

Great project. Who will translate? This is an important question.

That's still TBD. If there is sufficient interest, we'll make sure to get a translator and editor suited for the project. Any recommendations?

Hmmmm. Is John R de Witt still functioning? He did Ridderbos's Paulus (Paul: An Outline of his Theology), or maybe the now-retired Prof. *** Gaffin, who edited Vos's collected shorter writings.

Pete

Posts 5
Joel ten Brinke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:20 AM

This work will be wonderful, but would love to see it in book form as well

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2011 12:31 PM

Steve Postma:

I am very thankful for such a project / translation, but the translator is of utmost importance.  If they do a poor job then it would be a disservice to the author and the project.  The Dutch Translation Society (Herman Bavinck and other dutch theology works) would be great!

In a translation such as this it is almost more important that the translator be more versed in the target language than in the source language (so long as his source language skill is adequate).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 152
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 8:23 PM

I really really want this translated :)

Just putting my wishes out there...

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 3 2011 8:43 PM

The original link to the Logos blog is broken.

Here is an active link to the Pre-Pub page:

Reformed Dogmatics by Geerhardus Vos

http://www.logos.com/product/9362/reformed-dogmatics

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS