Can't Index Logos 4. Have enough space.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Kathleen Shumaker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 26 2011 6:49 PM

For the past 2 months my indexing stops midway through 40-50%, due to reason stating I need at least 1 G in order for Logos to complete indexing. 

This has happened multiple times when I've had 1.5- 2. G + of free space. 

What glitch am I dealing with, and what do I need to do to get it to index.?

Computer =  5 year old Dell laptop. with Windows 3.  Yes, I have used up a lot of space, but still have 2 G left.

HELP Please!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 7:06 PM

Indexing writes many temporary files that are merged together.  Logos support has Q: What are the actual download sizes for fresh installs of Logos 4 base packages? quick estimate of space needed for indexing is doubling base package size.

My Logos Library has 8.16 Gb of Resources with my Logos4 folder using 11.9 GB of space.  When rebuilding indexes, personally estimate 3.7 GB of free space needed (bit less than doubling size of Resources folder).

Wiki has Check Resources - folder path to Resources folder (depends on operating system).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 21
Daryl Musson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 8:01 PM

I ran into the same thing.  My solution was to get an external/portable hard drive and transfer some files over.  I can't seem to delete anything!  Stick out tongue

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 9:12 PM

Kathleen, I am not surprised you are having trouble. The minimum requirements that Logos 4 requires are as follows:

The minimum requirements for running Logos 4 on a PC are:

• Pentium 4 1 GHz (or AMD equivalent- 1.3 GHz or higher)
  • 1 GB RAM (2GB for Windows 7 & Vista)
  • Windows XP SP3
  • DVD drive
  • 12 GB hard drive space on local drive (May require additional space depending on your library).
  • 1024X600 Display
  • 256 MB DirectX 9 graphics device

You can find them listed here: http://www.logos.com/support/techfaq

Since you are still running Windows 3, it simply may not be possible to get Logos 4 to run successfully.

If you'd like additional help we need to see diagnostic log files. You can read about how to activate logging and how to upload them to the forum here: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS