Logos 4 Training

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 57
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 27 2011 12:53 AM

Hi,

As I live in the Scotland, camp Logos is not really an option for me, there was one held in London earlier this year, but I couldn't make the date work for me. I noticed with interest the Camp Logos Live dvd rom at $199.

I have also come across this site : www.learnlogos.com

They seem to offer a set of training videos for about $40. I appreciate that these will probably not be the depth of the Camp Logos, but I feel that I am hardly using many of the features of my Logos 4 atm, and having invested in it, would like to be able to use it for more than linked commentaries to my bibles and basic searches. I feel that I am not using its potential.

My question really is, has anyone used the LearnLogos stuff before? Would it be a good starting point for me? As it is a lot cheaper than the Camp Logos dvd rom, it would be easier for me  to afford in the short term. I could then perhaps aim for the Camp Logos set a few months down the line, if I feel I need the extra that  it would provide. So what I guess I am asking is could anyone out there who has used the LearnLogos training materials tell how good they are, and how they compare to the camp Logos dvd rom ?

Thanks

Duncan

Posts 22198
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 1:15 AM

Hi Duncan

I haven't attended Camp Logos nor seen the Learn Logos videos but there was a discussion of this at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/18799/142240.aspx.

Have you seen the link to Logos videos at http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Video_Tutorials. There are some really excellent ones there.

The set produced by Mark Barnes (Forum MVP) has been particularly useful to many people. 

Hope this helps

Graham

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 1:21 AM

Wiki Getting Started with Logos has Learning Logos section with several ongoing learning suggestions, including videos created by Forum MVP & Pastor Mark Barnes: Excellent Unofficial Logos 4 Training Videos (watching all videos recommended).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 57
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 1:36 AM

Thanks Graham  :-)

Posts 10631
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 4:46 AM

Duncan Campbell:
They seem to offer a set of training videos for about $40. I appreciate that these will probably not be the depth of the Camp Logos, but I feel that I am hardly using many of the features of my Logos 4 atm, and having invested in it, would like to be able to use it for more than linked commentaries to my bibles and basic searches. I feel that I am not using its potential.

Others have praised these videos, but I found them to be overly simplistic and gave mine away.

Duncan Campbell:
I noticed with interest the Camp Logos Live dvd rom at $199.

I previously purchased both Camp Logos DVDs for L3, and was very pleased with the presentations, so pleased in fact, that I went to an early Camp Logos on L4.

BTW: Have you seen Mark Barnes videos? http://www.logos4training.com/videos/ I have not seen them all, but the ones I watched were superb, even with that strange accent Big Smile (He is British & I am Southern US).

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 4:59 AM

Jack Caviness:

BTW: Have you seen Mark Barnes videos? http://www.logos4training.com/videos/ I have not seen them all, but the ones I watched were superb, even with that strange accent Big Smile (He is British & I am Southern US).

wonderful works!!

Thanks very much.

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 9:05 AM

I own the 40 dollars set of videos you have asked about, and they are good, but so are the training manuals offered by Morris.  Both are well worth the price you pay for them.  They are better than the Logos videos, but Mark's videos are very good too and they are free!

Having said that I also have bought both volumes of the older Camp Logos vidios for Libronix 3.  Here is my opinion.

All of Morris's videos are very expensive, and I think they should cost only about 100 dollars per set, so that many more people could afford them! 

Having said that when it comes to actual value of the videos they are worth far more than 200 dollars, I just can not afford them again due to the economy now.  If I could I would own them.

Here is what so great about the videos put out by Morris, they cover very useful material, but more important Morris really is a world class teacher!!!  There are a lot of very good teachers in the world but great ones are hard to find.  He is one of the great ones.  He takes hard topics and makes them easy for even a rural hick like me to understand.  His presentations are simple but effective!

A smart person will do really well buying Morris's books, the LearnLogos videos and watching Marks free videos!  However, if you need the best help money can buy and want to make sure you understand how to use Logos 4, get the Camp Logos videos, and don't be afraid to go over them several times, there is a lot learn.

Nothing came close to the Help I got from watching the Camp Logos 3 videos, I still use Logos 3 because I learned so much from his videos.  They encouraged me so much and I felt so good about using Libronix 3 that I started work on my THD because of those videos.  And I am so glad I did!

The Logos 4 videos are to expensive in my opinion, but worth far more than he charges!

In Christ

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 13
Arva Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 2:03 PM

www.learnlogos.com this site also offers free webinar classes. 

There are currently 3 different webinar classes being offered:
1) Inductive bible study with logos 4,
2) Bible study with logos 4 and
3) Preparation for sermon or training with logos 4. 

Each class is offered once a month, for a total of 12 sessions per class.  Each session runs anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.  It gives you a chance to see how the program can be used, step by step instructions, ask questions and get instant feedback.  If you miss a class, you can purchase that session download it or get it on CD. Doing this not only gives you the opportunity to learn during the class session, but also allows you the flexibility to review at your own pace whenever you feel like it.  I have learned a great deal in these webinars and it allows me to maximize my studies in God's Word in Logos 4.  You should see me now, I can't wait to study the word, because  I can now apply what I have learned.  It has enriched and enhanced my studying.  It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or a seasoned user, you will learn something.  The instuctor has put a lot of time and effort in his presentations.  You can also sign up for the newsletter, that is sent out once a month.  There is a ton of information, resources, tips and tricks in this newsletter that I have found very useful.  It has been a God send for me.  If you are on a budget, this is definitely the route to go.  It would actually be well worth paying for. 

I also have the Manuals from Camp Logos and they are helpful.  I have watched numerous of videos that have been awesome.  I have gotten a great deal of information on how to use this program on these forums.  Thank you all who contribute to the forums, videos, and training for Logos 4.  I think a combination of all the above, will get you on track and help you really utilize the power of Logos 4.     

Posts 57
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 8:55 AM

Thanks Arva.

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:16 PM

In my humble Aussie opinion...why can't L4 training videos (especially the good ones by Morris) come with any base package?  Doesn't Logos want people to excel in using their product?  I fell silly sometimes asking questions on the forums, because I know to many they would be too easy.  Anyhow, this okka (Aussie hick) will persist.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:24 PM

Is Mebin:
I fell silly sometimes asking questions on the forums, because I know to many they would be too easy.

Many are eager to answer your questions. Others viewing your questions will also be helped when they read your question and the answer to it.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:25 PM

Is Mebin:
In my humble Aussie opinion...why can't L4 training videos (especially the good ones by Morris) come with any base package?

Actually there are quite a few at http://www.logos.com/videos  

Is Mebin:
I fell silly sometimes asking questions on the forums, because I know to many they would be too easy.

Nonsense (friendly smile)  Ask away.   It's what we're here for.  That doesn't mean of course that we won't point you to the Wiki  Smile

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1670
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:49 PM

Is Mebin:
(especially the good ones by Morris) come with any base package? 

I may be wrong and please correct me if I am but I think that Morris Proctor is a complete separate company than Logos and this is how he makes his money. His business just happens to be the only "official" trainer endorsed by Logos. So in a sense we could reverse the question and ask why we can't get a free base package if we attend a MP seminar. It would cost the other company money and neither has the authorization to make copies and give away the other company's copyrighted product.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 6:08 PM

Is Mebin:

In my humble Aussie opinion...why can't L4 training videos (especially the good ones by Morris) come with any base package?  Doesn't Logos want people to excel in using their product?  I fell silly sometimes asking questions on the forums, because I know to many they would be too easy.  Anyhow, this okka (Aussie hick) will persist.

Given that they already do provide free videos that are actually, if anything, above the industry standard, it would mean they purchase MP's videos and tag on the price to that of the base package. I think this way, those of us who prefer to spend that $200 on resources instead of the package are grateful! (p.s. I was able to attend an MP seminar and feel it is very worth it... the cost isn't high, it's just expensive to do when you're selling to a very small audience).

Posts 10631
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:22 AM

Is Mebin:

Others have already answered your questions. I just want to reinforce Thomas' post that ALL questions are welcome. As I heard repeatedly in US Navy schools: "The only stupid questions is the one you have and do not ask. You go ahead and ask, and 35 other people breathe a sigh of relief because they had the same question and were afraid to ask."

Posts 171
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2012 12:20 PM

If anyone searching the Logos forums is interested in 1 on 1 training, I offer it.  

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 12 2012 1:49 PM

Danny Zacharias:
If anyone searching the Logos forums ...

Observation: may want to edit your post plus update your Forum signature (Edit: Site Options) since Forum Guidelines include:

Please do not use our forums to

• sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
  • promote or link to competitors
  • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
  • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
  • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.

Searching Logos.com for video training => http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=video+training&start=0&sort=rel&pageSize=30 finds 25 results while searching for DVD => http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=DVD&start=0&sort=rel&pageSize=45 finds 40 results.

Caveat: AM Bible Courseware currently needs Libronix 3 on Windows.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS