Like-a-Thon: how about $112 for Tyndale Commentary series (49 volumes)?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3763
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:04 PM

No doubt there are countless possibilities for likes, but here is one that 1) Is valuable 2) Is not so expensive to start with that even a discounted version would be beyond many of us and 3) Would indeed be a very attractive price if we could get it for 50%! As I post this, it's also an experiment to see how many "likes" a concerted effort can generate:

http://www.logos.com/product/8593/tyndale-commentaries

Posts 37
Brent Daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:17 PM

This was the first product I "Liked" as part of this promotion.  Let's hope we can get many more Logos users to "Like" it.

By the way, if you look at Best Commentaries.com , a number of the Tyndale commentaries (TOTC, TNTC) are rated in the top two commentaries for various books of the Bible.

It would be great to get a good deal on the Tyndale Commentaries.

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 11:00 PM

Good choice. Done.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 6:57 AM

I added my like...thanks Francis :-)

Posts 99
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 12:17 PM
Liked on my part.....good call
Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 4:37 PM

How about getting the 84 volume Anchor Yale Bible set for $112.00? Okay, so I don't live in the realm of reality, but it was worth a try. Thanks for pointing out the Tyndale Commentaries and yes, I did hit the "Like" button. Now, I'll just go back and look at the picture of my beloved Anchor set. 

Blessings,

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 639
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 2 2011 2:02 PM

I "liked" the Tyndale series. Seems too good to be true, but we'll see.

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 7:41 AM

Francis:
it's also an experiment to see how many "likes" a concerted effort can generate:

So, what do you think of your experiment?

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 7:51 AM

Stephen Smith:

Francis:
it's also an experiment to see how many "likes" a concerted effort can generate:

Other than the fact that I "like" (and want) everything on the list, I love it! YesYes

EDIT: Sorry, I misread "your experiment" as "our experiment"...thought you were referring to Logos' experiment of the Facebook promotion.

Posts 3763
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 8:02 AM

Stephen Smith:

I think that the experiment is interesting to get a better idea of how quickly or not Logos users can mobilize. It has become obvious that it will be longer term to get enough users to "like" enough even one resource to get a discount on it. It can be useful for Logos to have a longer term stream of commendations that provide free advertisement rather than a spurt followed by nothing. On the other hand, will the promotion continue indefinitely? If users don't get an encouraging reward for trying to generate this much support, will they lose interest and stop bothering to add their likes to other resources? I know there was enthusiasm in the beginning. After all a "Thon" suggests an intense campaign to generate high results in a short time. Is the enthusiasm still there?

Posts 639
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 8:09 AM

Ted Weis:

I "liked" the Tyndale series. Seems too good to be true, but we'll see.

And later, I bought it! I'm excited to add this resource to my library!

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 8:40 AM

Stephen Smith:

Francis:

Even though I detest Facebook, you got me to participate. Then, with the IVP Reference Collection, you got into my wallet. It was a good promotion, as long as it is not overused. After March Madness, this sale, and a few pending Pre-Pubs, my wallet says, "Enough Already!" 

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 10:26 AM

Francis:
It has become obvious that it will be longer term to get enough users to "like" enough even one resource to get a discount on it.

I'm a bit confused by your response. You do know that a number of the most liked products are on sale right now, right? For instance, the very one you named this thread after....that's what I meant when I asked, "what do you think of your experiment?" Seems to have worked out for you.

Posts 3763
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 11:15 AM

No, Stephen, I did not know and must have missed this announcement (and perhaps others too!). Really cool indeed! Tyndale for $135 that's almost as good as $112! 

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:00 PM

Stephen Smith:

Francis:
It has become obvious that it will be longer term to get enough users to "like" enough even one resource to get a discount on it.

I'm a bit confused by your response.

I'm not Francis, but I may be able to help your confusion (does that mean make it worse, or end the confusion?). When the promotion was first announced, many of us thought the the discount would be on each resource that received 1k "Likes". 10% off for each 1k responses. Believing that, this promotion did not look very interesting.

Posts 3763
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 12:07 PM

Got Tyndale. Thank you Logos for the sale.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 4:45 PM

Francis:

Got Tyndale. Thank you Logos for the sale.

I did the same. Helped fill in the OT gaps in my library as well as a different level than most of my other commentaries.

Posts 134
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:31 PM

Me three! I needed OT help as well.

Posts 3763
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:26 PM

Yes, I'd say it's the same reason I got it too. Not that the NT volumes are not valuable. But there is really is not that many affordable quality OT commentaries out there. This really is a wonderful deal!

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 3:15 AM

Great - after WBC en NICOT/NT it fills in a gap indeed.

I bought it a day before the sale for the original price but LOGOS gave me the LIKE-A-TON Smile discount refund after request.  

SUPER SERVICE..Yes

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS