Camp LOGOS Live v/s Camp LOGOS Academic dvds

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:34 PM

Cam LOGOS Live dvd              v/s              Camp LOGOS Academic dvd  

Does anyone know the difference between these 2 offerings from MP? I looked at the promotional videos and they look much the same??

• both are 2 dvds
  • 7 hours v/s 8 hours
  • $199.95 v/s 219.95 on pre-pub

Thanks.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:43 PM

James Carlile:
Does anyone know the difference between these 2 offerings from MP? I looked at the promotional videos and they look much the same??

I was going to post this same thread.   (Great minds think alike! Geeked )

I am under the impression the content is the same but the structure is a little different. I noticed the total time is longer and the video segments are shorter in duration. This is of great interest to me because the academic presentation of the content might be more desirable in a homeschool setting than the personal instruction. I would be happy to teach my children in a classroom setting how to use the Logos software. I know this can be accomplished with the personal DVD instruction but 10 minute bites would be better teaching in a multi-grade setting.

I wonder if the licensing of the academic version allows for classes being taught at a church? Imagine a whole congregation getting into Bible study with Logos!

edit: I think the difference in total video time is due to the intros in each little segment. I bet the overall coverage is the same in either set.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:57 PM

I called MPS seminars to see if the material covered was the same and was told that the Academic set was for seminary students.  Then, I was directed back to Logos for an answer to my question-is the same material covered in both sets of dvd's?  So, at this point, I would ask Sales and Marketing about content.

Posts 2834
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:03 PM

James Carlile:

Cam LOGOS Live dvd              v/s              Camp LOGOS Academic dvd  

• both are 2 dvds
  • 7 hours v/s 8 hours
  • $199.95 v/s 219.95 on pre-pub

Thanks.

Thanks for asking. I also am interested in knowing what are the differences in content If there are any. I would welcome some clarification on this.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2834
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:14 PM

Joan Korte:
  So, at this point, I would ask Sales and Marketing about content.

Please Joan would you be kind to post your findings from Sales & Marketing when you do get it? Blessings

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:21 PM

Joan Korte:
the Academic set was for seminary students. 

Considering a vast majority of seminaries and Bible colleges in the USA are unaccredited, what constitutes a seminary? Microsoft & Adobe (among many others) extend the same academic discounts to homeschools as they offer to brick & mortar educational institutions.

If only graduate level students can make use of Camp Logos, maybe the software is too difficult for "average" Christians? Devil

Or worse, maybe seminary students have a shorter attention span. Hence the 10 minute vignettes. Devil  Devil

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:34 PM

Ted Hans:

Joan Korte:
  So, at this point, I would ask Sales and Marketing about content.

Please Joan would you be kind to post your findings from Sales & Marketing when you do get it? Blessings

Ted

Hi Ted,

I don't know anyone in Marketing and Sales pointed me in that direction.  So, I am HOPING that someone from Logos can give us an official word through the forums.  Or if Morris Proctor or his representative would be so kind as to steer us since, occasionally, they do make clarification via the forums.

Posts 2834
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:36 PM

Joan Korte:

Hi Ted,

I don't know anyone in Marketing and Sales pointed me in that direction.  So, I am HOPING that someone from Logos can give us an official word through the forums.  Or if Morris Proctor or his representative would be so kind as to steer us since, occasionally, they do make clarification via the forums.

Thank you for the response.

Ted

Posts 19228
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 1:52 PM

Joan Korte:
I don't know anyone in Marketing and Sales pointed me in that direction.  So, I am HOPING that someone from Logos can give us an official word through the forums. 

People I know of in Marketing who have made themselves quite available to users and have given their email addresses out on the forums:

Dan Pritchett (dan@logos.com) - VP of Marketing

Phil Gons (phil@logos.com) - Marketing Manager

Jayson Bradley (jayson.bradley@logos.com)

Deborah Mickens (dmickens@logos.com)

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 2:00 PM

Thanks, Rosie!

I bounced the "ball" to Phil.  Smile

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 3:26 PM

Rosie Perera:

Dan Pritchett (dan@logos.com) - VP of Marketing

Phil Gons (phil@logos.com) - Marketing Manager

Jayson Bradley (jayson.bradley@logos.com)

Deborah Mickens (dmickens@logos.com)

Deborah Mickens (dmickens@logos.com) Just an FYI: This address is no longer valid.

Add to the list: stephen.smith@logos.com Smile

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 7:48 PM

Hi Steve,

Do you have an answer to our question?

Thanks

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 10:59 AM

Sorry for the delay, James! We're working with MP Seminars to get a definitive statement about the differences between the Camp Logos Live and Academic DVDs. Stay tuned and look for an answer from Kent Henricks or from me very soon.

Thanks for asking!

Posts 2114
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 11:53 AM

If you watch the videos that go with each advertisement, they seem to be the same.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 1:02 PM

Well, I am not sure if there is any difference, but one called out to Seminaries and Bible Colleges. Since I am in a Bible College on Seminary grounds I figured the academic version would be better because it targets higher ed students. That's me. So, I deleted the live version and ordered the academic version. It was an easy choice for me even though it costs $20 more.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 1:06 PM

I sure hope Logos can clarify this before Live version comes out.  It would be nice to have a little more information on the difference between the two so people could purchase the one appropriate for them. Just saying academic/seminary isn't really helpful, as many are taking courses, pursuing degrees, or are pursuing comparably rigorous Bible education.  There must be some reason they separated it into two products...

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:01 PM

Matthew Hamrick:
I figured the academic version would be better because it targets higher ed students.

I seriously doubt there is any difference in content. I think the same contents is offered in shorter segments and most of the the extra time is due to the "Hi, I'm Morris" part included in each 10 minute  You may get lucky and have an extra lesson on classroom usage of the videos. Consider the Key features list in each product page:        (Academic on the left,  Live on the right)

The only difference mentioned is the length of the video segments.  I think the extra work in tailoring it for classroom use is worth the extra $20. It is not easy to crop a seminar into 10 minute segments and keep one topic whole. Just don't get upset if you find a little filler is the only difference in content. If your do not have time constraints on your study the LIVE version will likely do the job and save you money. You just won't have time to refill your coffee cup without missing something. Coffee

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 6:44 AM

Stephen Smith:

Sorry for the delay, James! We're working with MP Seminars to get a definitive statement about the differences between the Camp Logos Live and Academic DVDs. Stay tuned and look for an answer from Kent Henricks or from me very soon.

Thanks for asking!

Did any response come from MP Seminars on this difference?

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 2:24 PM

With the release date for the dvds fast approaching I'd really appreciate an answer from logos!

I think the difference is the length of each dvd (based on the blurbs) but I'd like to be sure! Smile

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 3:18 PM

We're working with MPseminars on compiling a list of specific differences between the two.

For now, however, here are the main differences:

1. Camp Logos Academic is targeted for an academic audience, so Morris spends more time on features that seminary students will be interested in. (Morris mentions a few of these features in the Camp Logos Academic promo video.) This means, for example, that more time is spent on footnotes, using Logos for researching and writing papers, etc. in Camp Logos Academic than in Camp Logos Live.

2. The format is different. With Camp Logos Academic, the content is split into lots of shorter sessions. We expect that some professors will choose to incorporate these sessions into the classroom so they're short enough to be played at the beginning of class, but not so long that they'll take up the entire class period. With Camp Logos Live, the sessions are longer... designed for users who can spend longer periods of time working through the material. (The videos can be paused, of course.)

The bottom line is that if you're a professor or a student in seminary or Bible college, you'll want to pre-order Camp Logos Academic. If you're not in an academic setting, you should pre-order Camp Logos Live.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS