Indexer CRASH after most recent resource update

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:09 AM | Locked

Lonnie:

Where do I find the HCBS resource file? I can't locate the Logos4 folder on my C:\.

Wiki Check Resources has table with Logos resource paths.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 73
Tom Bartzsch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:56 AM | Locked

[Did not notice that this is all posted under the PC Beta section - I am NOT running the Beta, I am on Windows 7]

I ran through the steps outlined by Bradley, and am still getting crashes.

The crash log is reporting the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error as noted earlier.

1 Cor 2:2

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 10:59 AM | Locked

Bradley, I had the same experience as Matt...got to 99% and crashed after doing it twice.  I'm not going to do it again.  Thanks for trying to help, though.

Lonnie

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:43 PM | Locked

Michael Ballai:
Bradley's fix is fine except that you lose the HCSB resource

I had the same problem and I was able to get the HCSB back by using the Scan command.  I retrieved an old version of HCSB from a backup and put it in a folder and then issued the cammand "Scan Folder".  Substitute the path for the name Folder (wherever you happen to put it- don't use quotes).  Then I restarted L4 and it was back again.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:55 PM | Locked

I haven't been able to get the HCSB back in two days. Not a huge deal, but irritating.

I've tried update resources, rebuild index, and the scan command....no dice.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:03 PM | Locked

I got it (HCSB) back but with the same problem when I deleted it...the indexer crashes shortly after starting L4.  I've cycled right back to where I started after trying the fix suggested...it didn't work for me.  To say the least, like so many of you I'm totally frustrated and disappointed in L4 for the presence of this situation.  I guess I'm relegated to waiting of the developers at Logos to fix it.  Disappointing, indeed.

Lonnie

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:05 PM | Locked

Yeah, the HCSB comes back, but so does the indexer crashes.  What a disaster!!!

Lonnie

Posts 4659
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:06 PM | Locked

Lonnie:

Where do I find the HCBS resource file? I can't locate the Logos4 folder on my C:\.

Lonnie

It will be C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<Random>\ResourceManager\Resources (if you are running vista or win 7

Posts 8081
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:39 PM | Locked

Lonnie:

Bradley, I had the same experience as Matt...got to 99% and crashed after doing it twice.  I'm not going to do it again.  Thanks for trying to help, though.

Can you please provide a crash file (or preferably, log files) for this problem? Based on the description, it may be a different issue; the work around I posted was for crashing almost immediately after startup, not after reaching 99% during indexing.

Posts 8081
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:39 PM | Locked

Tom Bartzsch:

The crash log is reporting the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error as noted earlier.

Sorry, I can't find your crash log. Could you re-post it, please?

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 4:07 PM | Locked

Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with a "crash log."  I didn't get any kind of error message, just a crash or a stoppage in indexing.

Lonnie

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 4:39 PM | Locked

Lonnie:

Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with a "crash log."  I didn't get any kind of error message, just a crash or a stoppage in indexing.

Lonnie

Please enable logging by following all the instructions in the link below. Run Logos and let the indexer run until it crashes. Do not restart Logos before posting all logs here for review (see link below for how to upload logs).

Here are the URLs:
http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging
http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2305
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 5:40 PM | Locked

OK gang here's my latest strategy. I went back to the last update in Time Machine before the Friday oops one. Dragged that folder from the library to my Desktop. Yanked the one out of my current library folder and deleted it and replaced it with the older one. Turned off the automatic update and restarted it. I'm reindexing it now since I don't keep the index folder contents. The library shows HCSB, so I think that will be enough until the smoke clears. 

Simple kluge. 

Dev folks: If you have a problematic update, why not just yank it off the update server until you get the problems sorted out. It just messes up a lot more customers' setups when it's left out to spread to more people. 

Hopefully they will get this sorted out by Monday .

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 8081
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 5:56 PM | Locked

Michael Ballai:

Dev folks: If you have a problematic update, why not just yank it off the update server until you get the problems sorted out. It just messes up a lot more customers' setups when it's left out to spread to more people. 

The update was already pulled around 3pm yesterday. (I may have forgotten to announce that at the time; sorry for the confusion.)

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:08 PM | Locked

This is the first time I've had consistent crashes in Logos 4. It looks as though I can open resources from the library, but if I put a reference into the passage box on the home page it starts to open the resources for passage study then crashes. I've followed the instructions in these postings, but no help.

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:12 PM | Locked

David Housholder:

This is the first time I've had consistent crashes in Logos 4. It looks as though I can open resources from the library, but if I put a reference into the passage box on the home page it starts to open the resources for passage study then crashes. I've followed the instructions in these postings, but no help.

Look at the instructions in my post above, and generate some logs and post them here. Be sure to follow all the directions carefully, post all the logs after the crash and before restarting Logos after the crash (the logs are overwritten each time Logos starts). By posting the logs we may be able to tell what's going on and suggest a potential fix, or it could expose something that the dev's need to see to create an update/fix for the issue.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 7:11 PM | Locked

So maybe I should just PASS on the update until, say, Monday evening?  :)

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 25103
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:56 PM | Locked

Steve Johnson:

So maybe I should just PASS on the update until, say, Monday evening?  :)

That's what I'm doing even though the suspect HCSB file has been pulled from the server. I'm away from home and can't afford the time or effort to fix a broken application (took time to kill the download and set Autodownload Updates to NO).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2011 5:40 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
I'm away from home and can't afford the time or effort to fix a broken application (took time to kill the download and set Autodownload Updates to NO).

Fortunately Logos was already running when the update became available. When I denied the option to download the update Logos "automatically" changed "automatically download updates" to "no".

(Please excuse the proliferation of quotation marks)

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 13
Arva Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2011 5:26 PM | Locked

Thank-you Kevin.  I am up and running.

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS