Indexer CRASH after most recent resource update

Page 3 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 13
Arva Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2011 5:30 PM | Locked

Thanks so much for your help Kevin, I am up and running.

Arva

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:07 AM | Locked

Doesn't work for me. Now, I have no HCSB.

Posts 73
Tom Bartzsch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 7:20 AM | Locked

Bradley -

Here is the crash file.

1 Cor 2:2

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 7:27 AM | Locked

Tom Bartzsch:

Here is the crash file.

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure what's causing this crash, but it's related to the library index (and may be unrelated to the HCSB update). Unfortunately, I don't have a quick workaround, but you should be able to avoid the problem by rebuilding your index.

1. Run Logos 4, holding down the CTRL key as you start the program.
  2. The sign in dialog should appear. At the bottom, there will be a checkbox labelled "Use blank layout"; make sure that is checked.
  3. Click "Sign In".
  4. In the command box (at the top of the Logos 4 window), enter "rebuild library index"
  5. Wait until reindexing is complete; you will be unable to search the library during this time.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'd like to be able to find out more about this problem (to make sure it's solved properly), but since the library index files can be several GB, it's usually impractical to transfer them to another computer for analysis.

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:04 AM | Locked

I have also had indexing crashes since the last update.  Here are my crash files  13168.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:06 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

I'm not sure what's causing this crash, but it's related to the library index (and may be unrelated to the HCSB update).

After further thought, it seems likely that this is actually related to the HCSB problem. My best guess is that you have already run "rebuild library index" (or "rebuild index") while still having the "bad" HCSB resource installed. Indexing will appear to complete successfully, but the program is likely to crash when searching that index.

We plan to release a program update that will detect this situation and correct it automatically; until then, the only way to work around it is to remove the HCSB (e.g., by deleting the resource file), then run "rebuild library index".

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:09 AM | Locked

Mark:

I have also had indexing crashes since the last update.  Here are my crash files

Mark,

Please see the post here for instructions on how to repair your index: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/32065/238705.aspx#238705

Posts 99
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:10 AM | Locked

Hello,

Is LOGO'S going to fix this issue so those of us who are not tech minded don't have to figure the workaround?

Thank you!

Paul

Paul

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:12 AM | Locked

I have removed the New HCSB and downloaded the old, rebuilt the Bible index. Indexer still crashes at 99%. Here are my log files.

8321.Logos4IndexerCrashLogs.zip

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:16 AM | Locked

Bill Cook:

I have removed the New HCSB and downloaded the old, rebuilt the Bible index. Indexer still crashes at 99%. Here are my log files.

Hi Bill,

It appears that the HCSB has ended up in your main library index, too. Please run "rebuild library index" (and then wait...) to fix it. (The Bible index should now be good.)

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:17 AM | Locked

Paul Rose:

Is LOGO'S going to fix this issue so those of us who are not tech minded don't have to figure the workaround?

Yes; we plan to release a program update soon to 1) fix the bug that causes the crash, and 2) detect indexes that could cause problems in the future and rebuild them automatically.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 12:10 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Yes; we plan to release a program update soon to 1) fix the bug that causes the crash, and 2) detect indexes that could cause problems in the future and rebuild them automatically.

Yes

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 73
Tom Bartzsch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 12:38 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure what's causing this crash, but it's related to the library index (and may be unrelated to the HCSB update). Unfortunately, I don't have a quick workaround, but you should be able to avoid the problem by rebuilding your index.

I removed the HCSB resource before doing this, and apparently all is going fine. I have done a few things with passage guides, and no problems. Thanks for your help.

1 Cor 2:2

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 1:46 PM | Locked

mine did not crash... (yet) and I see I didnt download HCSB... maybe it got pulled for the the timebeing

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 3:25 PM | Locked

DominicM:

mine did not crash... (yet) and I see I didnt download HCSB... maybe it got pulled for the the timebeing

Mine downloaded Friday, crashed while indexing, but just performed the "rebuild library index" for the last hour or so, and all is fine. So whatever it was that was causing the trouble, the rebuild index command will set things right. So if you download now, you probably shouldn't have an issue.

Posts 24946
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 3:57 PM | Locked

DominicM:
I see I didnt download HCSB... maybe it got pulled for the the timebeing

The new version was removed from the server Friday afternoon.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 7:11 PM | Locked

For Clarification:

I deleted the HCSB file from my resource folder (with the latest update)

After many "update resources" I have no access to the HCSB Bible

I presume it has been pulled from the servers and will be fixed and placed back on for us to download in the future?

If this is not right is there a way to access the HCSB Bible at the moment?

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 7:20 PM | Locked

Paul Newsome:

I deleted the HCSB file from my resource folder (with the latest update)

After many "update resources" I have no access to the HCSB Bible

I presume it has been pulled from the servers and will be fixed and placed back on for us to download in the future?

If this is not right is there a way to access the HCSB Bible at the moment?

The old HCSB file is still published on our server; I'm not sure why "update resources" isn't pulling it down for you. (If you have logs, they might shed some light on the problem.)

I checked the files that are published for your account, and it's showing that your system should be instructed to download http://resources.assets.logos.com/lls_1.0.351/2010-12-06T22_09_20Z/HCSB.logos4 when you run "update resources". Since that's not working, you can download the file manually, place it in a temporary folder and then run "scan C:\Path\To\HcsbFolder" to import it.

The HCSB was updated (I'm not certain what the revisions were), and we plan to publish the update once we've fixed Logos 4 so it can handle it appropriately. So if you do nothing, your system should download it automatically when it's published (which should be some time later this week).

P.S. Just to make sure: if you've hidden the HCSB (in Tools > Program Settings > Hidden Resources), "update resources" will not download and install it.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 8:07 PM | Locked

Bradley!  Thanks so much!

I downlaoded the linked file, placed it in my resource folder, scanned the folder, closed the program, reopened it, and its back!

Also, thank you for such a quick solution!!

Posts 24946
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 8:49 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
The HCSB was updated (I'm not certain what the revisions were), and we plan to publish the update once we've fixed Logos 4 so it can handle it appropriately.

Bradley, I appreciate the honesty but it implies that resources are not tested in Logos 4 after being built!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 3 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS