Android?

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 4:08 AM

I don't know what everybody is clamoring about....I already HAVE L4 on my android phone....it's no big deal. (sorry for the blurry pic....my wifes phone takes horrible pictures.)

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 10:40 AM

Do you have an app for this or is it being ran through biblia.com

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 11:21 AM

Robert Pavich:
I already HAVE L4 on my android phone.

Har har.

Did you notice that your clock shows the exact same time that Dave Dunkin's phone did?  That's amazing!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 5:14 PM

Todd Phillips:
Did you notice that your clock shows the exact same time that Dave Dunkin's phone did?  That's amazing!

Busted.... Embarrassed

Photoshop this time...but next time.....Logos on it for sure!

Robert Pavich

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 24 2011 10:58 AM

Todd Phillips:
http://twitter.com/#!/ddunkin/status/58629814294286336

The background of the Tweet picture reminded me of something and it might be a clue:

Apparently Q is preventing the release of the Android app.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 15
Nathan Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 1:59 PM

@Kevin Taylor I appreciate your frankness and your non fan boy like dictation. To me, debates on Iphone vs android should always be held on the software level, which no one really does so it gets quite out of hand. the facts are that even if iphone 5 or 6 becomes this rumored worldwide phone android will still gain market dominance. I think that Logos and android will have a great symbiotic relationship. my future evo 3d and htc 10 inch tablet and logos will be best friends for life.. life cycle i should say

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 4:49 PM

We are agreed.  I can't wait for the EVO 3D to hit in June, the EVO has been amazing but the hardware increases will be quite welcoming.

I managed to get my order in for the Asus eee Pad Transformer today with Newegg.  It was a crazy day to say the least.  The demand for these units was unreal.  You cannot get one at any retail store at the moment.  Supplies are dry.

My unit will arrive tomorrow and I'm very anxious to try out the built in Asus MyDesktop software to remotely connect to Logos 4 via my home PCs.  The early reviews on MyDesktop have been VERY good.  This would allow Logos users to have L4 on the tablet without the need for the L4 app.

Unfortunately I was not able to get my hands on a keyboard dock yet but hope to over the next few days.  I'm currently able to remote access L4 on my EVO using one of two apps but on a 4.3 inch screen it is just not enough screen real estate to make good use of the full L4 desktop interface.  With a 10.1 inch screen however it will be PERFECT.

When I owned the Xoom for about 2 weeks I used remote software and found L4 to be a joy.  The Asus Transformer has a better display due to IPS so it ought to be even better.

I will report more on this tomorrow afternoon when I get the tablet but at $399 (16GB model) this is as good as it gets for a portable solution to utilize L4.  Those looking at iPad2 remember that the 16GB or 32GB wifi only iPad2 will cost you $100 more than the corresponding  Asus and also there is no keyboard option.

The keyboard dock is truly what sets this unit apart.  With two USB ports and a second SD card slot you can add a mouse, external keyboard or hard drive if you like.  Turning this tablet into a productivity monster.

Asus throws in free remote software (MyDesktop), free online UNLIMITED online storage space on their servers for your music, photos and documents (MyCloud) and even an app called MyNet that allows you to stream movies, music and photos to the tablet over your local network from any DLNA server or device.

We have a winner here folks...

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 411
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2011 3:14 PM

@Kevin - can't wait to hear how the ASUS works for you. I was tempted to get an iPhone for a long time because of having a mobile version of L4 but couldn't stomach the cost or staying with AT&T. My eldest son is an iPhone fanatic Big Smile, but I am not that big a fan of Apple and decided to go to Verizon and an HTC Incredible. Love the Android (currently running 2.2 but will be upgraded to Gingerbread in the middle of summer) and HTC phones. Had an old HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) that last for about 8 years (still does work) so stayed with a winner of a manufacturer. Had Windiws Mobile 5 for all that time and it was fine but still believe Android is better.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2011 11:20 PM

I to am eagerly awaiting the android app but I must disagree with Kevin. There are several keyboards for the ipad, as a matter of fact I am typing this on my logitech/zagg keyboard/case I picked up today for my ipad 2. There is also a free app, TeamViewer, that can be used to connect to the PC. I use it to get the full L4 experience on my ipad, although for reading i prefer the app. I would never trade my ipad for an Android tablet but I do enjoy having both OS's.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 7:07 AM

Eagerly awaiting the Asus review also!!

Robert Pavich

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 9:09 PM

Sorry gang... My order got tied up due to the storms happening in the south.  Hopefully my Asus will arrive tomorrow so I can report some good things and maybe even share via a video review.  As for the keyboard it will not be available for a couple of weeks.

@Alan.  I respect your opinion on the iPad although we disagree.  I must say however that there is no equivalent keyboard for the iPad.  None offer the true integration that the Asus Transformer does either physically or functionally.  The Asus keyboard not only powers the unit with the equivalent of double the battery life but also is a full keyboard with a touch pad, Android shortcut keys for critical functions and also two USB 2.0 slots that can be used for a PC mouse or external hard drive.  The Asus also folds up just like a netbook or laptop so it can truly be used on the go in any situation.

None of the iPad keyboards including the one you own by Logitech will do any of this.  And without a touchpad I don't think they would hold my attention at all.  With the Asus keyboard there is nothing I could not do with my Transformer on L4 that could be done on my laptop (even printing thanks to Google Cloud printing).

This would also be the same case for the Bluetooth keyboards available for other Android devices.

This keyboard is truly something unique and I'm very excited about the implications!  Best of all I no longer have to sweat the release of the Android app for L4.  I can have full functionality on the go with my Transformer.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 9:19 PM

Here is a pretty decent overview of the Asus transformer keyboard in action.  Again, this cannot currently be duplicated with an iPad keyboard.  I also love the fact that no special drivers are needed to use your current mouse, USB keyboards or external hard drives.  It just works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO-k1EWaM3w

This one is also good for a better look at the superior physical integration and functionality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZYMS-KpVCc&feature=related

Posts 33
Mark Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2011 12:53 PM

Ward Walker:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Logos is conducting user survey => Please try the user survey! that has a question asking about mobile device ownership (check boxes includes Android).

Tks for the tip--I've responded.

I just got a Color Nook for my anniversary.  I think it was because my wife is pretty sure I can't use L4 from it. Wink  Logos, please sneek an Android app out soon!  I'll Alpha/Beta on the C-Nook for you... Angel

Ditto - on the NookColor and beta testing an Android version of Logos!

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2011 2:54 PM

When Logos releases the Android app me and my Transformer will be waiting Big Smile

Kevin (or anyone esle Smile, just wondering if you could help an Aussie decide on what tablet to get?  I really enjoyed reading your opinions on this forum.

I am leaning towards waiting for the Asus Transformer to be released in Australia.  However, the ACER Iconia 500 is already available.

My primary purpose would be to use L4.  I like the remote connectivity option on the TF101, along with the keyboard/docking ability.

1.  How have you found TF101 (even though the L4 Android app isnt available yet)?

2.  How would you compare it to the Iconia?  Is it worth me waiting for the TF101 to be released?  Or should I be looking at the Asus Eee Slate 121, with an i5 processor?  You did say that a tablet not running windows doesn't need to be so powerful.

3.  How is the keyboard connected?  I can see it's a part of the docking station, but is it bluetooth, USB, or does the tablet communicate simply via the docking device?

4.  Can you play QuickTime and Windows Media Player files on such a device (I'm asking this in regards to the "Learn to use Hebrew & Greek with Logos" DVD's).  I realise I would have to put the files onto a USB stick to transfer them, but I have no knolwedge yet of Android and don't know if such files can be played.

Thank you for any advice you may give.

><///> 3 Jn 2

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2011 4:50 PM

Okay, Kevin, has your Transformer arrived?

I anticipate getting a tablet sometime this year and wonder if there is a comparable or even better alternative to an iPad 2. Using Logos 4 would be the primary reason for one, so I won't probably will not buy anything till a tested Android app for Logos is available.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 7:52 AM

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi P1010 for $349 and can't wait for the Android app!

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 7:55 AM

Todd Phillips:

Robert Pavich:

That looks pretty darn cool.....

I'm a little skittish over the "1 gb ram" though....

Why?  The iPad2 only has 512MB.  Tablet apps are smaller than Windows apps.  (At least for now).

Thanks Todd....that put it in perspective...I've not had experience with tablets and things to I'm used to talking about 6gb and 8gb.....that's all...I understand now...

Robert Pavich

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 7:56 AM

I just bought (actually I put myself on the backorder list) a Transformer 16gb with keyboard dock...

I can't wait for L4 for Android!! argggg   Angry

Robert Pavich

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 11:37 AM

Is Mebin:

When Logos releases the Android app me and my Transformer will be waiting Big Smile

Kevin (or anyone esle Smile, just wondering if you could help an Aussie decide on what tablet to get?  I really enjoyed reading your opinions on this forum.

I am leaning towards waiting for the Asus Transformer to be released in Australia.  However, the ACER Iconia 500 is already available.

My primary purpose would be to use L4.  I like the remote connectivity option on the TF101, along with the keyboard/docking ability.

1.  How have you found TF101 (even though the L4 Android app isnt available yet)?

2.  How would you compare it to the Iconia?  Is it worth me waiting for the TF101 to be released?  Or should I be looking at the Asus Eee Slate 121, with an i5 processor?  You did say that a tablet not running windows doesn't need to be so powerful.

3.  How is the keyboard connected?  I can see it's a part of the docking station, but is it bluetooth, USB, or does the tablet communicate simply via the docking device?

4.  Can you play QuickTime and Windows Media Player files on such a device (I'm asking this in regards to the "Learn to use Hebrew & Greek with Logos" DVD's).  I realise I would have to put the files onto a USB stick to transfer them, but I have no knolwedge yet of Android and don't know if such files can be played.

Thank you for any advice you may give.

><///> 3 Jn 2

1. Yes Mebin I was blessed to get my order in with N@wEgg on the US launch day after 6 hours of trying. I received my unit 3 days later due to bad weather conditions that prevented it from arriving over night.

2. IMHO any of the current "big boy" Android tablets are awesome (this means the Iconia, Xoom or Transformer currently).   The big boy Android tablets all feature the same internal hardware specs.  All feature 10.1" display, Tegra 2, 1GHZ dual core processors and 1 GB of RAM.  There are differences such as cost, internal memory and design.  For instance, the Transformer has an IPS Screen with Gorilla Glass like the iPad.  This makes this glass very scratch and break resistant as well as the display much better.  The Xoom features a smooth glossy matte finish versus the Transformer's texture back finish.  The Iconia has a USB port in the unit where the other two do not (although the Transformer has TWO USB 2.0 ports in the dock as well as a full size SD card slot (the tablet has a micro SD card slot).  In summation, I have owned the Xoom and now the Transformer (never the Iconia) but to me the Transformer is the biggest bang for the buck.  Lower cost and the best display and design.  The dock attachment is also unique and makes the use for Logos 4 second to none.  This is the Honetcomb tablet of choice.  In fairness I must mention the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 wifi tablet.  To me it is too little too late and also $100 more than the Transformer at either 16GB or 32GB. I have my own personal reasons for not trusting Samsung.  They have modified the tablet with TouchWiz 4.0 which means that updates will have to come from them instead of Google.  Google search what has happened with their Android phones such as the Epic or any Galaxy phone.  They are all still using Android 2.1.  I would avoid Samsung until they show better initiative in updating their products.

3.  The keyboard connects through a 40 pin connector and two support slots on the bottom of the unit.  It forms a perfect seam that is locked in by a tab on the front of the unit and very easy to unlocked although super secure at the same time.  The connection is purely based on the 40 pin bus connection and does not depend on Bluetooth or any radio based connection.

4. I can play any format on my Transformer.  MP4, Divx, Xvid, WMV etc etc.  I use Moboplayer but there are several free players that will fill all of your format needs (iPad can't do this).

My advice is to get the Transformer.  It is the best all around choice in the tablet market at the moment.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 11:41 AM

Bill Moore:

Okay, Kevin, has your Transformer arrived?

I anticipate getting a tablet sometime this year and wonder if there is a comparable or even better alternative to an iPad 2. Using Logos 4 would be the primary reason for one, so I won't probably will not buy anything till a tested Android app for Logos is available.

I am currently able to use L4 to the fullest using my Transformer and LogMeIn or the built in remote software that comes with the unit for free.  I prefer LogMeIn but there are several options and it is a matter of personal preference.  The L4 app will be awesome but I am able to enjoy my full L4 experience right now without it.  As a disclaimer this will work with any Android tablet and the iPad at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS