Biblical People bug - Mary of Bethany & EDBT

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:18 AM

While reading through the links in the BIblical People database on Mary of Bethany I clicked on the link for the Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology (EDBT) and instead of being taken to the appropriate article (there isn't one, so why is there a link?), I was taken to the title page.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 19353
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:22 AM

The same problem appears if you do a Basic Search for Mary. In the Topics section, there's an entry for Mary | Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology which just takes you to the title page of the EDBT. Seems like a LCV database problem.

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:30 AM

Rosie, 

I know there's an email for reporting this sort of metadata issue but I can't find it.   Do you have it on memory? (Perhaps we need a wiki page of them all?)

Posts 93
Brent Gay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:51 AM

data@logos.com

http://www.logos.com/support/reportaproblem

Clicking on "Report a problem" from the Logos help takes you to the above link.

Hope that helps,

Brent

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 8:32 AM

Thanks Brent!

I'd like to say I won't forget again.  But then - momma taught me not to lie.  Confused

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 10:15 AM

Thomas Black:
I know there's an email for reporting this sort of metadata issue but I can't find it.   Do you have it on memory? (Perhaps we need a wiki page of them all?)

Yes, we do. The last few weeks I've tried to write up every Logos e-mailaddress I come across on the forums, to have them available the next time I need them, but I'm sure I'm still missing several useful ones, and Logos' support page only lists a few. We need a complete list of how to/where to report all possible kinds of issues: bugs, typos, metadata errors, missing links, mistakes in reverse interlinears, in Biblical People/Places/Things, in grammatical tagging, in verse mapping, in LCV, on product pages, everything. Plus all the usual e-mails to Sales, CS, Suggest, TechSupport, MacSupport and so on. As many e-mails as we know, with instructions on exactly when to use which.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 19353
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 8:09 PM

fgh:

Thomas Black:

Yes, we do. The last few weeks I've tried to write up every Logos e-mailaddress I come across on the forums, to have them available the next time I need them, but I'm sure I'm still missing several useful ones, and Logos' support page only lists a few. We need a complete list of how to/where to report all possible kinds of issues: bugs, typos, metadata errors, missing links, mistakes in reverse interlinears, in Biblical People/Places/Things, in grammatical tagging, in verse mapping, in LCV, on product pages, everything. Plus all the usual e-mails to Sales, CS, Suggest, TechSupport, MacSupport and so on. As many e-mails as we know, with instructions on exactly when to use which.

There is already such a page: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Email_Addresses

Posts 27417
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 8:38 PM

fgh:
We need a complete list of how to/where to report all possible kinds of issues: bugs, typos, metadata errors, missing links, mistakes in reverse interlinears, in Biblical People/Places/Things, in grammatical tagging, in verse mapping, in LCV, on product pages, everything.

There is a section Reporting Problems and Bugs in the wiki main page.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19353
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 8:41 PM

Dave Hooton:

fgh:
We need a complete list of how to/where to report all possible kinds of issues: bugs, typos, metadata errors, missing links, mistakes in reverse interlinears, in Biblical People/Places/Things, in grammatical tagging, in verse mapping, in LCV, on product pages, everything.

I've added the link to http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Email_Addresses there.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2011 3:25 PM

Rosie Perera:

Look at that! Never having seen one, I trusted that Thomas with his 5,000 posts knew that there wasn't one. Big Smile I have to admit I find the organization of the Wiki rather confusing: Home Page, TOC, VTOC... I never know where to look. (Though I just found an "All Pages" page, with a whole page dedicated to Rosie Perera Big Smile )

However, what I really wished for was a list sorted by subject, and covering everything. I've been here half a year, and I'm still confused as to what to report through the program, what to report on the forums, what to report on some wiki page, and what to report to some e-mail address. It would be nice to have it all in one place. And even nicer for the complete newbies, I would imagine.

Rosie Perera:

Dave Hooton:

Ah, I thought I'd missed it, but you only just put it there? Was there a link anywhere before that?

May I suggest putting it under General in the TOC as well? 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 19353
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2011 3:57 PM

fgh:

Rosie Perera:

Look at that! Never having seen one, I trusted that Thomas with his 5,000 posts knew that there wasn't one. Big Smile I have to admit I find the organization of the Wiki rather confusing: Home Page, TOC, VTOC... I never know where to look. (Though I just found an "All Pages" page, with a whole page dedicated to Rosie Perera Big Smile )

Ha! I was just following the model of Mark Barnes and Thomas Black, who also have their own wiki pages. I never filled in anything on mine though. And I don't have the authority to delete wiki pages, so I guess it'll have to stay. Maybe I should put something fun in there... Smile

fgh:

Rosie Perera:

Dave Hooton:

Ah, I thought I'd missed it, but you only just put it there? Was there a link anywhere before that?

No. Mea culpa. I'd created that page and never linked it in anywhere. No wonder nobody (including Thomas) knew about it. I guess I'd been using it as my secret weapon whenever anyone asked about how to contact Logos. I always find it again by searching for email in the search box on the main page of the wiki, but it had never occurred to me that it wasn't linked in anywhere.

fgh:

May I suggest putting it under General in the TOC as well? 

Good idea. Done! (And I added it in the VTOC as well; these two pages are supposed to be identical in content, the just arranged differently -- the VTOC is for visual skimmers as opposed to linear readers/searchers.)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS