FTP site up? 4/21/11

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 21 2011 3:06 PM

I haven't been able to connect to the ftp site today. Anyone else having a problem?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2011 3:08 PM

Peace, Don!

*smile*

There's an active thread that talks about the matter!

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/32535.aspx

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2011 3:11 PM

Boy, you're fast! I just found the other thread and was about to mention it here. Thanks.

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2011 3:35 PM

Who is this FTP site for? For everyone? Or for the L3 users?

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2011 4:51 PM

Joel Madasu:

Who is this FTP site for? For everyone? Or for the L3 users?

Everyone. It's where the resources are stored. Most of us don't need to connect to it directly to download them when there are updates or when we purchase new resources, because Logos 4 will download them automatically for us. But if there's a glitch and we find we're missing some resource file that we have the license for, we can download it from the FTP site into a temporary folder on our hard disk and then run the "scan" command in Logos to find it and install it into our library.

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:45 PM

Oh I see...

Thank you.

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 8:55 AM

So, all the registered users, can sign-in using their ID and password that they use  for Logos Account? Or is it something different? I tried to sign-in with the Logos User (email ID) and password, but it didn't work.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 9:19 AM

Joel Madasu:

So, all the registered users, can sign-in using their ID and password that they use  for Logos Account? Or is it something different? I tried to sign-in with the Logos User (email ID) and password, but it didn't work.

ftp.logos.com is an anonymous ftp server, so you sign-in with the ID "anonymous" and the password can be anything (assuming you can connect, which I still can't).  Most web browsers should handle the anonymous login automatically.

Rosie mentioned that all the resources are there, but I think that only Logos3 versions of the resources are on the ftp site.  They do work with Logos 4 and can be used when Logos 4 can't (or won't) download something, but the Logos 4 versions are smaller and more efficient, and they hosted elsewhere ( on resources.assets.logos.com).

As an aside:

You can also go to the resources.assets.logos.com if you can construct a URL for the resource you want.  It doesn't let you browse the resources.  For example, the URL to the ESV file on resources.assets.logos.com is:

http://resources.assets.logos.com/lls_1.0.710/2011-03-23T18_06_15Z/ESV.logos4

• The "lls_1.0.710" portion is the resource ID with an underscore instead of a colon, and the "lls" is lowercase instead of uppercase.
  • The "2011-03-23T18_06_15Z" portion is the version number with underscores instead of colons.
  • The "ESV.logos4" part is the actual filename.

All of those values can be found in the support info on the bottom of resource informantion panel (that you get when you click on the circled "i" on the resource window).  Of course to see that, that means you already had to have the resource.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 10:41 AM

Alright, 

Thanks for the information, Todd!

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 2:41 PM

And note that the FTP server is still down today. That is some massive cloud outage Amazon is responsible for and it's going to make people question the wisdom of relying on the cloud so much.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS