Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 12 2009 10:45 PM

Hey Everybody!

I just noticed the

Commentary on the Psalms by E. W. Hengstenberg (3 Vols.)

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/2504

is al....most over the top in the Community Pricing Program. If you've ever bought a title through this venue you know what a great deal you get. Check it out and jump on the bandwagon if you are interested.  It seems like it has been on the page for a long time.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2009 7:44 AM

It's had my vote since it started out.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2009 8:10 PM

If you've bid at less than $20 and want it, move it to $20 please!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:08 PM

Thank you very much for the information.  I've added my voice at USD 20.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:49 PM

Todd is right. If you have a low bid & new bids push it over the top, it is possible you will miss out on getting the community price at all. Then if you really want it you will have to pay the higher Pre-Pub price.  I learned this the hard way. So if you have a low bid just bump it up. You know you want it or you wouldn't have a bid in. Quick, go bid $20.

I bid a long time back. My bid is higher than $20. I usually get community pricing titles for less than my bid. It is ALWAYS the best way to buy. (It's only cheaper when Logos gives something away.)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:10 AM

In case you did not notice:

This Commentary on the Psalms by E. W. Hengstenberg was published by T. & T. Clark. Now where else are you going to get a 3 volume title by that publisher for $20? Seriously.

You know I am just trying to keep this at the top of the forum to give you that one last chace to get in on the lowest price it will ever be. I haven't seen a T. & T. Clark title yet that wasn't well worth reading. But I must say, some are so expensive I haven't been able to see them all.

$20!       Now!

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:46 AM

I have a bid in under $20, and am watching. If it goes live.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2602
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:57 AM

I also placed my bid a while ago for $20.

Let's get this into prepub.

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:07 AM

Joe Miller:

Hi Joe,
            We are nervously watching to see if you change your bid, you are keeping us on the edge.Big Smile Make sure you are awake & not sleeping when this goes live. Sleep The spirit as they say may be willing but the flesh is weak.Wink 

Kind Regards

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2009 10:27 AM

When I check the status of this on the Community Pricing page the little orange dot actually OVERLAPS the "100%" line. -- at least it does on my laprop with the screen tilted back at a 110 degree angle. Can somebody at Logos measure it again? Otherwise, all we are waiting on is for Brother Joe to increase his bid to $20.   

Joe Miller:

Joe, if you really want to stand firm at $18 I will mail you the other $2 to bump up your bid.Big Smile 

Disclaimer: This offer only applies to Brother Joe Miller. It assumes his bid sits at $18 so he only gets $2 from me. He only gets it after the title goes to Pre-Pub. Brother Joe has to ask me for it. This offer is only good if it is not illegal or forbidden by Logos "powers-that-be."

Everybody,  It would be really nice to get this into publication.  The Psalms are so rich you are bound to learn a few hundred things from this commentary. Put it alongside your Treasury of David. The  two will serve you well.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2009 10:57 AM
Hi Matthew thanks for the offer, and I love the disclaimer on your post LOL Actually, my bid is $12. The reason I am reticent to up it is that it depends if I get a new web design job I am bidding. I was supposed to have a meeting today, but it got moved to early next week. As a bi-vocational church planter, I don't get book budgets so I have to be a bit more frugal with my spending. If the job comes through, I will up the bid. Otherwise, my $20 will go toward needs in my family. Thanks for the offer though brother... it made my day!!! Joe

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2009 8:13 AM

The midpoint of the dot at $20 is almost over the production cost line. 

BTW, for those who don't want to spend money for an official Logos version of this, there is a well-formatted PBB version available on stilltruth.com:

http://www.stilltruth.com/blog/wmadan/hengstenbergs-psalms-1-2-updated

http://www.stilltruth.com/blog/wmadan/hengstenberg-psalms-vol-3

I thought everyone should know what their options are.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2009 11:27 AM

It's over the top.  Email says:

"Bidding will close on 7/24/2009 for Commentary on the Psalms by E. W. Hengstenberg (3 Vols.) 

The current community price for this product is $20.00.

....The final price for this product will be lower for everyone if we receive enough new bids before the closing date..."

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2009 2:44 PM

Joe,

Send me your email, I'll mail you a check for $6.00 Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 277
Ken Avery | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2009 6:25 AM

In for $20 Yes

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2009 9:17 AM
Hi Robert, thank you for your thoughtful offer. I am honestly humbled and touched by your thoughtfulness toward me.

I prefer not to post my email on a forum because spam robots tend to pick that stuff up, but please contact me through this secure page and we can chat

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT ME

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:01 PM

Todd Phillips:
It's over the top.  Email says:

Interesting project. It went over the top at the point in time which gives the least amount of time to closing, half an hour later and it would have had until July 31st as the closing date.

Also, I don't think emails went out to those who bid less than $20.00 telling them it was closing today. My son did not get one (his bid was $18.00) and if he is typical, then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people who may have raised their bids had they known.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:18 PM

Clinton Thomas:
Also, I don't think emails went out to those who bid less than $20.00 telling them it was closing today. My son did not get one (his bid was $18.00) and if he is typical, then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people who may have raised their bids had they known.

Have they done this in the past? 

I hope people are bidding the maximum they would pay, or at least keeping an eye on their bids.  Seems imprudent to bid lower than you would have paid and then feel sorry for missing out.  Plus, it may prevent the book from reaching production. (You can always cancel an unwanted order once it reaches prepub status.)

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:44 PM

Todd Phillips:
Have they done this in the past? 

Send emails to people bidding too low? Yes, they used to do this.

They may still and it may just be that my son's was missed.

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 4:07 AM

Clinton Thomas:

Send emails to people bidding too low? Yes, they used to do this.

They may still and it may just be that my son's was missed.

I had a bid for $20 and did not receive an eMail confirming success as I usually would expect so the problem may not just be with lower bidders.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS