Favorites and subfolders

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Bob Rockhill | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 13 2011 8:11 PM

I'm trying to organize my Favorites. I decided to make A-Z folders as a start. I accidentally dropped the N folder into the M folder. Now I can't get it out. Every time I try to move a folder, it drops into another folder instead of going between them. Any easy solution to getting them to behave? 

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2011 10:38 PM

Try dragging the inner folder (N) and dropping it to a place between some other top-level folders (not the final place you want it to end up, since it seems you're having trouble dropping it there), for example between K and L, making sure the horizontal line is in the right place before you let go of the mouse, and then move it back to the proper place between M and O which should be easier once there are no subfolders of M.

I'm not sure how tricky this is on the Mac, but on Windows it's a bit finicky but if you hold the mouse down and drag around you can eventually get the horizontal bar in the right place, even if there are subfolders already.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2011 11:16 PM

Bob Rockhill:

I'm trying to organize my Favorites. I decided to make A-Z folders as a start. I accidentally dropped the N folder into the M folder. Now I can't get it out. Every time I try to move a folder, it drops into another folder instead of going between them. Any easy solution to getting them to behave? 

I've duplicated your problem. A workaround is to click and drag the N folder to the bottom of your folder list - below Z. Then right-click on any folder and select "Sort by Name." This should put the N folder where it belong.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS