Can't update - stuck on Version 4.3 Beta 1 Mac

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Sandra | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 16 2011 12:49 PM | Locked

Version 4.3 Beta 1

I did not know I was on beta and have been using mostly the iPad.

Two weeks ago, I upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

Last week, I purchased a book and when trying to download the new resource, Logos performed updates.

At one point, one of the updates got stuck at 8%; I restarted the computer, relaunched Logos and the update got stuck at 2%.

Called Tommy Ball at Customer Support and he tried also to re-launch Logos and the update got stuck at 0%.

Tommy discovered that I am on the Beta channel ever since the release version.  Somehow, purchasing the upgrade from 3 to 4 for the Mac never put me on the release version.

What can I do to:

a) finish the update installs

b) be put on the RC channel

Attached is the combined file of the Indexer log and the Logos4 log.

Thank you kindly,

Sandra

5807.Archive.zip

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2011 7:40 PM | Locked

Sandra Alex:

What can I do to:

a) finish the update installs

b) be put on the RC channel

Welcome Big Smile

Wonder about restarting Mac ?  Logos4.log shows download of Logos 4.3 Beta 4 installer failed.

Option: wiki page Mac Troubleshooting => Update Error section has steps to manually download Current Beta release disk image, then update application.

Wiki page Mac Troubleshooting => Want to downgrade from Beta to Stable section notes a complete reinstall is needed to change from Beta to Stable versions.  Also has set update channel to default for automatic transition from Beta to Stable channel for Logos 4.3

By the way, if Logos development history repeats, then Logos 4.3 Beta 5 will be available later this week (not know when to expect Logos 4.3 stable release).  Anticipating Logos 4.3 Beta 5 to include download improvements among other fixes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Sandra | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 1:56 PM | Locked

Hello there smiley Jesus person,

Thank you kindly for your reply.

I followed your advice and downloaded the disk image from the link and replaced the old Beta 1 with the new Beta 4 version, build (4.30.0.0442).

As soon as I launched Logos, the threading app started to download 98.7MB; it took about 40 minutes but it went through.

Thanks again! (:

Sandra

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 18 2011 9:29 AM | Locked

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LBS4MacInstallerBeta/Logos4Mac.dmg

Also offers you the ability to manual download the latest beta. I know with one of the mid range numbers of this beta it refused to download and I had to manually do it. 

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS