Can't access resources after recent update

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 19 2011 10:03 PM

A few days ago, several resources were updated on my computer:  TWOT, HCSB, NLT and a few others.  The update worked fine on my PC connected to the internet.  I have another computer that L4 is installed on (not connected to the internet)  that I update manually by copying downloaded resources to the resource directory, copying my license file to the correct directory and I update L4 by copying and running the installer files.  This process has worked fine since the release of L4 until now.

After the update, I cannot access the three resources listed above - they do not show up in my library.  (Other resources that downloaded, such as Polhill and Barnes, work fine.)  When I first opened L4 after the update, HCSB was open and it had the message "You own this resource, but it is not in your library" or something along those lines.  I closed it, but could not open it after that.  I have confirmed that the files are in the resources folder.  I have tried doing a SCAN of the resource folder - I restarted L4 and got the message "Preparing your library", but still did not have the resources listed in my library.

I also noticed that my number of resources on my home PC was 2284 and the offline PC was 2274.  Not sure what else is missing.  Any other suggestion on what I can try to make these accessible again?

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 2507
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 4:06 AM

I do the same thing with 2 computers that I have.  I don't know the specific reason why, but even though I have been able to access the majority of my new resources doing the same thing you have done, for a few I have not.

What fixed the problem for me was connecting my offline computer to the internet.  After Logos downloads its updates than everything works fine.

Posts 26806
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 8:26 AM

Tom Geswein:
I have another computer that L4 is installed on (not connected to the internet)  that I update manually by copying downloaded resources to the resource directory, copying my license file to the correct directory and I update L4 by copying and running the installer files.

You can adapt Method 1 to work successfully as this will include all your documents/resources/licences from the online machine ie. drop Step 2 and Step 3 if the software is not being updated.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS