Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Doug Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 23 2011 12:39 PM

I use the "Notes" function a lot on my desktop and would like to have access to those notes and add new ones in church from my itouch (or for those using an iphone/ ipad). Is this something that can be done or in the works. If not it would be a very useful tool and would replace me taking notes on paper and use logos instead. Thank You.

Posts 25126
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2011 12:51 PM

Hi Doug - and welcome to the forums

Work is going on to provide Notes within the iPad app but we have no dates for availability as yet

Graham

Posts 30
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2011 12:52 PM

I am in agreement, this would to be most useful. Especially if I can highlight a passage and click add note just as in the desktop version. In addition I would like to be able to email/export notes from device.

Thanks

Posts 46
Billy Staggs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2011 9:29 AM

Amem to this request!

--

bstaggs <><

Posts 2
Kenneth Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 6:36 PM

I agree as well. I have to use another iPad bible program to take notes during Sunday morning service. Then transfer them to Logos afterwards. I would rather do "everything" in Logos.

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 8:01 PM

Using an iTouch, this may work for you but obviously you won't have the screen space that iPad offers.

I use the Side by Side w/Dropbox App and Side by Side Pro App ($1.99 iPad App). Side by Side is similar to creating a workspace for Logos but only works for online webpages and not Apps. Since I can't use the Logos App, I log into Biblia.com to access my books. Side by Side will have a template to design your workspace layout. I split the top 1/2 and have Bible and Commentary parallel to each other vertically; I keep the bottom 1/2 for Notes--you can copy/paste from your books in Biblia.com square into Notes. For each book you want to use from Biblia.com you will need to open a square in Side by Side for Biblia.com or copy/paste your url in the square or rectangle box in Side by Side. Remember to scroll up in Biblia.com to access Home, Books, and Search in Side by Side to switch books within the square/rectangle. You can email your Notes to yourself or whoever from within Side by Side or Save to File and open in SuperFilesLite or Quickoffice (could be other Apps but those are the two I use--not sure if it will open in pdf-notes App; if it did that would be great to be able to highlight, etc with pdf-Notes App. If not, email your Notes to yourself, and Save as PDF document then email back to yourself and Open in pdf-notes App--that may work.)

I have both Side by Side Apps because I have one App workspace designed and designated to use the top half to watch videos from LightSource.com various teachers/preachers for our Women's Bible Study, then on the bottom half I split the screen vertically for Bible and Commentary parallel to each other vertically...the top half could be split in half again to open a square for note taking. I close the Side by Side App and that Workspace is there the next time I open the App--I have not found that you can save various workspaces, hence the need and convenience of having both Side by Side Apps, but that does not mean you can't..I just haven't discovered it yet. Design the workspace to whatever suits your needs.

If you decide try Side by Side, please send the Developer a note of encouragment.

HP Laptop Win 7 | iPad 4 | iPhone 6 | L5 Platinum | Galaxy Mega 6.3

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 9:25 PM

Bev Nordlund:
I use the Side by Side w/Dropbox App

Hi Bev, Thanks for the tips, I will certainly try this out.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 8:51 AM

Do you have a link for Side by Side?

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 9:10 AM

This is the link for Side by Side http://leibao.webs.com/Apps_by_Bao_Lei/Side_by_Side.html  either w/Dropbox or Pro

Also, in looking over it late last night, double check but  I thought I saw where the workspace can be saved.

This should be a separate post but could someone tell me how I can post to this using my iPad 2? It brings up the reply box, but no keyboard nor can I copy/paste...seems strange, but I resort to my laptop.

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 11:19 AM

Bev Nordlund:

could someone tell me how I can post to this using my iPad 2? 

Bev-

The trick is to click on the HTML icon. It will open another window for you.

Sent from my iPad. (but manually typed by the HTML editor!)

Below is my iPad screen shot.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 11:31 AM

Thank you. The icon is distorted, but now I see it. Thanks again!

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 3:19 PM

How did you insert the screen shot? I know what to click to make the screen shot, but how to insert in post.

Also, on my second attempt to post this I touched HTML icon, the new screen was brought up but I could not type any words to show on HTML editor. Tap, tap, tap but nothing appeared! I closed & restarted a few times and now able to post, but I have no idea what magic button to get the words to appear on screen every time.

When using Side by Side and Biblia.com on iPad, choose standard and not mobile view.

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 3:26 PM

Bev Nordlund:

How did you insert the screen shot? 

For that I cheated Big Smile I emailed the photo to myself and uploaded from the laptop.

Bev Nordlund:

Also, on my second attempt to post this I touched HTML icon, the new screen was brought up but I could not type any words to show on HTML editor. Tap, tap, tap but nothing appeared! I closed & restarted a few times and now able to post, but I have no idea what magic button to get the words to appear on screen every time.

I had to scroll up and tap it several times. It is a little finicky. 

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 3:36 PM

Cheat...you mean you worked around it! God frowns on cheating (lol) Thanks for explaining.

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 4:11 PM

I tried to copy a picture and paste it in, but alas, it does not work.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 4:25 PM

To post on the forums using the iPad read this thread.

Forums on the iPad - Logos Bible Software Forums

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 4:50 PM

,Yes thank you, I read that other Post Topic after Alabama described the HTML icon.

"Side by Side App" allows you to Draw or handwrite in "Files."

If you use "pdf~Notes App" and save Doc in/to that App, then in the lower left use the box with the arrow inside it to open more options and this will enable you to open PDF in Side by Side.

Alabama, I tried the Photo copy/paste, but no success yet. We need more capability than text HTML. We appreciate what our laptops/desktop can do! but would not give up my iPad2!

Thanks for everyone's help.

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 5:07 PM

Bev Nordlund:

...would not give up my iPad2!

Thanks for rubbing it in Smile

(Sent from my iPad 1)

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 1:04 AM

In the beginning God created....the iPad, next iPad 2, And God saw that it was all good.

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 6:35 AM

The Side by Side with Biblia.com is very cool! I also appreciated how to post this reply from my iPad! thanX!! {Charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS