42b (4.22.5.1104) Crash

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 24 2011 7:45 PM

Hey Gang.. hit with a virus yesterday that knocked out my L4 I had open and corrupted it. I removed the virus and deleted L4. Today, I reinstalled L4 and it indexed fine and everything went great. Now when I go to the command bar to type anything it crashes. I tried to Update Resources.. it crashed.. I tried Update Channel to Beta.. it crashed.. anything I put in the command bar causes it to crash. Here is the crash log. Any idea why this is happening?

7115.Logos4Crash.txt

Thanks,

Matt

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2011 10:13 AM

We have submitted your logs to Development for investigation.

Update: To resolve the issue you are having you will want to make sure Logos 4 is closed (and any related processes like the Indexer or error messages for the program) and delete this folder:

C:\Users\Juliana\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\rd35lzty.v2m\LayoutManager

Your layouts will need to re-sync, but this should correct the crashing issue.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2011 7:15 PM

Thank you Tonya, this seems to have fixed it because now I can update to the beta channel.

Matt

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2011 7:40 PM

Tonya J Ross:
Your layouts will need to re-sync, but this should correct the crashing issue.

How do I get my layouts to re-sync? I had a bunch of layouts I lost when I deleted that folder.

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2011 8:43 PM

Matthew Hamrick:
How do I get my layouts to re-sync? I had a bunch of layouts I lost when I deleted that folder.

Your named layouts should re-sync automatically; so you will lose the other snapshots.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 12:04 PM

Dave Hooton:

Your named layouts should re-sync automatically; so you will lose the other snapshots.

In theory that should work Dave. However, none of my named layouts are returning when it re-syncs. When I type and click Update Now it says there are no updates.

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 4:51 PM

Matthew Hamrick:
When I type and click Update Now it says there are no updates.

That command is only for resources. You should click on the sync icon  (circular arrows) in the toolbar. If that doesn't work then contact Customer support.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2011 4:33 PM

Dave Hooton:

That command is only for resources. You should click on the sync icon  (circular arrows) in the toolbar. If that doesn't work then contact Customer support.

I hit the sync icon also Dave, but it didn't update. No worries though.. I started rebuilding my layouts from scratch.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS