Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 117
Kenny Larsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 17 2011 4:48 PM

I do it in a similar manner, but:

1. If you export to HTML then it's easier to add blocks of 100 pages together to get the whole book.
  2. I use Calibre from HTML and get almost perfect conversion to Kindle format - with a few minor changes to the default processing options (which unhelpfully I've forgotten which they were)
  3. Generally avoiding PDF anywhere in the process seems to help!

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2011 10:04 AM

There's another thread, which I'm not going to take the time to locate, that gives a simpler workaround.  What I now do is: have an A6 template in Word 2007 (  for Kindle docs).  Copy 100 pages at a time into this A6 template.  Then select all text and format font to Arial ?12.  Save, in case of later problems.  Then Save As PDF, and transfer to Kindle.

It's even possible to save PDF files as text, put them into Word A6 template and save them again as PDF A6.  Sometimes the font needs to be smaller with this workaround, as I haven't found a way of doing word wrap.  So I play with it till it mainly fits into the A6 format without running over to the next line.

This way I don't have to send it to Amazon, Calibre, Mobi etc and get it back before transferring it.

I tend to use Kindle for non-Logos books, but have one or 2 Logos books on the go.  Have read a volume of Spurgeon on Kindle and am now enjoying Charlie Moule.  In general I use iPad as Ereader for Logos books.  Kindle for bedside reading and  in bright sunlight, which makes iPad hot under the collar....

Posts 14
Simon Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2011 1:54 AM

That's helpful. Thanks Daniel.

Posts 4
Albert L. Fuller, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 10:16 AM

The Vyrso app will not install on a ColorNook that has been rooted(hacked) to run as an android tablet.  Just tried today and no go.

Posts 2
Lyle P. Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 1:11 PM

Thanks for the help in this forum.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS