Will some of you post a working source file?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:03 PM | Locked

So far Logos has crashed every time I tried to compile a PBB. I have tried a lot of different files from different authors but no one works. (I have sent my files to the developers.)

Is anybody willing to post a working source file for me to try to compile. A short one with som rows of text is all I need.

Thanks!

Posts 32989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:35 PM | Locked

3187.PBB test.zip

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 2:49 AM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Thanks MJ.

Can I ask was this taken straight from L3 PBB and reworked for L4?

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 5:51 AM | Locked

Martha, Thank you very much!

I've tried to compile your file but Logos crashed this time too. I named it "ECF Additions" in the metadata title, set the author to "MJ Smith" and leave the copyright field empty. Here is the crash log: 6136.Logos4Crash.zip

For my curiosity, are you willing to try to compile this file to PBB. It's from LibreOffice and saved as docx. The page milestone tags works fine in my swedish Libronix UI but maybe you need to insert a "p" before the pagenumber. I don't know.

This is a part of the only file (so far) which get marked as "Last built ??day" in the PBB tab list after one (of many) unsuccessfull try to compile.

5611.FullFralsning.zip

If this works I know that LibreOffice produces  working docx files.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 11:15 AM | Locked

Ebbe Andréasson:
I've tried to compile your file but Logos crashed this time too. I named it "ECF Additions" in the metadata title, set the author to "MJ Smith" and leave the copyright field empty.

Ebbe, did you try to create it in a fresh PBB or in the one that crashed already. I found that once the given PBB crashed, it crashes even with the different docx file that worked in the other case. Just wanted you to know.

EDIT: Even I changed Metadata of the crashing PBB, it still crashes Logos. Other PBBs work just fine. I created both, regular books and a few Bibles.

Bohuslav

Posts 32989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 1:11 PM | Locked

Paul Gisbourne:
Can I ask was this taken straight from L3 PBB and reworked for L4?

It was created as a .doc and converted to .docx. It was not used in L3. I'm not sure if the .doc file was created by copy and paste or by Omnipage. It has been compiled 3 times as I continue to format it - and never crashed. Is it possible that you are running out of memory?

EDIT: The file crashed Logos on my machine - I had labelled the file "German" as I did not see entries for Swedish or Norwegian.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 2:13 PM | Locked

FWIW, I took MJ's file and compiled it with no problems as a PBB file.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 2:27 PM | Locked

Bohuslav Wojnar:
Ebbe, did you try to create it in a fresh PBB or in the one that crashed already

Yes, I created it in a fresh PBB.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2011 2:30 PM | Locked

Thanks to all of you. Dev team is looking further into this issue.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS