Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 610
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 5:24 PM

I have used this on my pocket pc (Windows Mobile) phone.  I will take a section of a book that I am reading and print it to pdf using www.cutepdf.com and then transfer it to my phone.  Great for reading, but unable to make notes and comments on the fly.

Blessings-

John

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2009 8:20 AM

Echoing my support for a logos mobile apps.  iPhone is my preferred device and it is not simply "a toy" for me as some one else indicated.  Mobile apps have increased productivity tremendously.  Right now, I have to rely on the Bible apps that are available out there that do not integrate with my Bible software of choice (logos).  A way to at least read my preferred logos Bible version and take some notes or make markup that later syncs with my logos install on my computer would be huge and helpful in my personal study and lesson preperation.  Often I get away from the office to read, pray, and reflect reading my Bible on my iPhone. These are time that the Lord often speaks to me through His Word and it would be great to make notes/markups that I can develop into a teaching later via logos on my PC.

Mobile apps are not just a fad, they will be an ever growing area.  For a cutting edge Bible software company like Logos, this seems like a logical next step.  Yes I know they have 'a lot on their plate' but I think this is a pretty significant opportunity to raise the bar.  Not just for the sake of raising the bar but for furthering the Kingdom through relevant technology the same way they originally did with Logos Bible software.

My opinion...

Posts 1
Peter Alvin Thiessen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2009 2:26 PM

Hi, I bought an ipod touch for the calendar options and all that and it is now effectively planning my life (in a good way). I've got the Bible on there and I'm entertaining getting the Greek version and the abridged version of the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament as well as some other Strong's stuff as well through a certain company. All in all it will end up costing me about $60 to get that all on there.

I already own Logos including all of these resources. A logos app would be incredible especially if I wouldn't have to spend $60 to get the resources I've already bought. I am a huge Logos fan and I was just wondering if they were planning on coming out with an app for the touch. And if so, if they had a timeline that they thought it would be done by.

Just curious, I'll probably be looking to get it either way.

Posts 5
Michael Scoggins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:32 PM

I add my voice to this wish also! It would be fantastic to have an Logos app on the iphone along with some app that could take your already paid for resources and add as many as you want to your iphone. I use my iphone a lot it is truly a mini computer. I would not mind paying even $30 for a logos app if I could use some of my resources. it would be fantasticBig Smile

Michael Scoggins

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2009 3:38 PM

I, too, would love to see an Ipod Touch version of Logos. It, like many, apps would not be fully functional, but it needs to be more than a reader - I have that in YouVersion. I'd love to be able to have a Speed Search, Reading LIst, Prayer List, and notes capability.

Thanks for all the hard work, Logos folks.

Chris

Posts 1
Phil Ulrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:47 AM

I also would very much like an iPhone version of Libronix. It would be very useful and it would save me money :). Come on Logos, it would take like.. 2 weeks tops to program a simple iPhone version.

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:38 PM

Apparently its here!!!

http://phodroid.com/09/10/rqxmw3

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:41 AM

I have to concur now that the Laridian iPhone PocketBible has been released. It is an outstanding tool that works. Perhaps Logos should partner with Laridian and we'd have the best of both worlds.

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:58 AM

Mantis also has a great iPhone Bible.  Maybe Logos could partner with them.... 

Posts 1
Doug Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 8:02 AM

With the advance of technology there are always those who stand firm against change. If we don't keep our eyes open to how this world responds to that change we will miss opportunities to share the Gospel. As a long term youth pastor I have learned to embrace the new technologies that have come to the market. It seems as if our youth embrace it while it is still in Alpha stages and, therefore, are always a step ahead of the game. The cell phone/data market is a craze that has dominated our teens and is quickly encompassing the older generation like myself. For example, if I want to contact our teens by phone I find that I get about a 40-50% response by answering my call. However, if I attempt to text message this generation I get almost 100% immediate response 100% of the time. Therefore, I communicate daily by text. My phone is setup to send out 1 generic text and it goes out to 50 teens at one time. Within 5 minutes I have 50 personal responses. Talk about efficient, I made 50 contacts and completed 50 personal conversations within a short amount of time. To go along with that, I have a transcript of each of the conversations.

It is very unfortunate that our teenage generation is walking ahead of the game, but as a response we need to adjust how we relate to them. My son has an iPhone and I have a Blackberry. His iPhone is almost full of apps, music, and pictures. He would rather carry the iPhone and a Bible app rather than a paper Bible. He says "why carry books when I can have it all in the palm of my hand (starting to sound familiar? - Logos -> why have it on the shelves when we can have it searchable on the computer) Remember that change is constantly happening. From books to desktop computers, from desktop computers to laptops, from laptops to PDA's, from PDA's to Smartphones. The advancement in technology will not end until Christ calls His people home.

Yes, some people use these devices (iPhones as well as computers) as toys, but dont we all. If we are going to bury our head in the sand and resist change, then we will resist the opportunity to minister to the next generation. When that happens, we may as well bar the doors, and go work for those who make the cool toys.

I applaud Logos for evaluating the market and introducing new strategies to maintain a position to offer the latest tool in technology. It allows me to put the Bible back into the hands of our students when they walk into the doors of our schools. Praise be to God!!!

In His Service,
Doug Johnson
Associate Pastor - Youth and Outreach 
cell -> 423.258.4551

Posts 14
Troy M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2009 1:28 AM

I for one am really excited about the iPhone app.  I've had my iPhone a few years and even though there's no service where I'm currently at, it is serving me well every day.  In fact this morning it's helped with more than one task.  I can only imaging the potential with the Logos app.  That will seriously increase my reading and even study.  I'll be able to read where I want!  Thank you Logos!!!  You really are a blessing to us out here on the front lines!

-Troy

Airborne!

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS