How soon is "soon"?

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:32 PM

I know...I'm impatient.  I'm just wondering if anyone has yet received their e-mail from Sales regarding today's "hidden promotion"?  I'm anxiously refreshing my e-mail inbox over and over and have been for the last 3.5 hours Stick out tongue

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:43 PM

I was thinking about posting this as well.  . . Still waiting. . . 

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:46 PM

Ron Keyston Jr:
I'm just wondering if anyone has yet received their e-mail from Sales regarding today's "hidden promotion"?

I have, more than 2 hours ago. I've even received the reply to my answer to it, and am now writing on my answer to that. Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:47 PM

I got an email from a salesperson, but the topic was not "hidden promotion". I got it about 1.5 hours after posting in the thread.

The topic was: Logos Bible Software - For Forum Week only

Edit: From the looks of FGH's post, we are talking of the same email.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:47 PM

fgh:

Ron Keyston Jr:
I'm just wondering if anyone has yet received their e-mail from Sales regarding today's "hidden promotion"?

I have, more than 2 hours ago. I've even received the reply to my answer to it, and am now writing on my answer to that. Smile

Are you serious? Or are you just giving me a hard time? Crying I was the first one to answer the questionnaire...shouldn't that be worth something? Stick out tongue

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:51 PM

I've checked my inbox, my deleted items, and my junk mail folders...I haven't gotten anything from Logos today.

Posts 12067
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:52 PM

Well,

To cite Rosie, 

That needs to be translated into English. "Soon" (as in "soon and very soon, we are going to see the Lord") has eschatological connotations. It is already and not yet. It could be tomorrow, but it could still be a long way off.

from http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5768/234113.aspx#234113   (I think she was paraphrasingJoe Miller [you see, it's directly from the horse's mouth]

Well, the NT says Jesus is coming soon, so very soon must be before soon, so it should be out before Jesus returns.  Also, very soon is defiinately before later, so I would guess it is sooner rather than later it will be here.  Hope that helps Wink

from http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7505/59321.aspx#59321

I hope this helps you (it keeps me from refreshing my inbox all over and training for the hide&seek!)

Big Smile

Mick

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:57 PM

Ron Keyston Jr:
Are you serious?

It's 22.57 now.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:04 PM

fgh:

Ron Keyston Jr:
Are you serious?

It's 22.57 now.

Yay! Mine just showed up Big Smile

Posts 1563
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 3:52 PM

I still don't have mine. Crying

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 8331
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 4:30 PM

I got my Socio Rhetorical commentary (8 volumes) at a great low price! Then I purchase other 2 resources that were not on the list, but I, too, got them at a great price! This day was a GOOD day!

DA

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 4:38 PM

Considering there are now over 160 entries in that thread (and growing) ... AND considering that each post must be traced (however internally) to a specific user/email (probably part of the program) and a custom deal set up.  I'm not surprised that it's taking time.

I'm just afraid the deal is going to be so good I'm going to have to take it.  Indifferent

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 5:50 PM

I posted at 10:15am my email came at 2:56pm.

I suspect that they may be a bit overwhelmed by the response

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 24
Christian Bongartz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 12:27 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

I posted at 10:15am my email came at 2:56pm.

I suspect that they may be a bit overwhelmed by the response

Lucky you. I posted at 10:30am and I'm still waiting, must be that sales really has a lot to do.

Posts 12067
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 12:43 AM

Christian Bongartz:

Lucky you. I posted at 10:30am and I'm still waiting, must be that sales really has a lot to do.

Same here (10:28), but see my earlier post in this thread.Smile

Mick

Posts 30
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 10:02 AM

I haven't received the 'deal' yet either. I guess they are bogged down.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 10:05 AM

Just a heads up; I was at the top of page 5 and I received my offer this morning

Posts 61
David Sawyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 11:26 AM

I just got my email!

Posts 1563
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 11:38 AM

Got mine this morning, and a short follow-up from someone else a few hours later.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 12067
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 12:27 PM

Ben:

Got mine this morning, and a short follow-up from someone else a few hours later.

Same with me (just that this morning is later afternoon over here). I already received a reply on my answer - now it's budget calculating time...

Mick

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS