Tabbed Layouts. . .

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 82
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 14 2011 4:11 PM

Greetings to all. . .

Maybe I'm being too picky, but does anyone know how to have more than one layout in memory? In other words, if I have a History layout and a Theology layout, am I able to have both layouts in L4 so that I am able to do a ctrl+tab and move between them?

Or. . . how about having more than one layout with a title block in a tabbed environment like in AutoCAD, if anyone has used AutoCAD. You can have more than one view of the same drawing in tabbed display. You  choose any tab to get to the drawing. Make sense?

With so many books, having only one layout at a time seems to be self-defeating for a program that can do a supersonic search on a word in mere seconds.

Anyway, I'm looking to have two or three layouts in which I can pick any one of them in my studies. Is it possible?

Blessings to all. . .

Thank you.

Eis Cristos

Al

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 5:06 PM

Alfredo ... your idea shows up in the forums about once a month! That means your idea makes a LOT of sense.

The only way to approximate what you want is to group a series of resources in a favorites folder and give it a name like 'History'. Then when you want them all added to your base layout, just do a right-click on the folder itself and select to open in a floating window (separate from your base layout). Later when you're done with them, you just close the floating window (keeping the base layout in place).

Although this sort of does what you want, the resulting resources won't be linked or placed in pre-desired locations.

Steve describes this whole process in the Wiki. Off the top of my head, I can't remember what he called it. I'm sure other folks will chime in.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 5:55 PM

Hi Denise,

Denise Barnhart:
Steve describes this whole process in the Wiki. Off the top of my head, I can't remember what he called it.

i think you are referring to this wiki page Floating Tool Windows

Or similar page here: Creating your own Custom Go Box

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 6:17 PM

Hi Denise,

Denise Barnhart:
Steve describes this whole process in the Wiki. Off the top of my head, I can't remember what he called it.

i think you are referring to this wiki page Floating Tool Windows

Or similar page here: Creating your own Custom Go Box

Posts 82
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 15 2011 3:44 PM

Thank you everyone for the information.
I will try both approaches and see how it will go.
There is wisdom in the forum. :-)

Blessings to all . . .

Eis Cristos

Al

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 7:29 AM

Yes  :)  I would like the Ability to open Layout shortcuts, in the Favorites tool, into a Tab or Floating Window via the Right-click Menu.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:05 AM

Douglas:
I would like the Ability to open Layout shortcuts, in the Favorites tool

This already exists: How do I add a Layout to my Favorites?

Douglas:
into a Tab or Floating Window via the Right-click Menu.

Similar to this request:Floating window layouts

But using a Right Click is not in the suggestion. IMO L4 uses right click for specific info on a word, scripture, etc. and right click would not be appropriate for a layout. It would better fit a new section in the Layout menu, or a shortcut or in Favorites.

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:46 AM

I Apologize, I think we got our "Wires" crossed :) I read this Post, and understand His Suggestion.

The Tabbed Layout Option does not exist yet (where all of one Layout is distinguished under One tab (at least not so far as I have gotten it to work ;)

The Floating Window option available is "Similar" to this Suggestion, but not Identical. (His Suggestion is Much Better :)

The Right-click Option referred to, is the menu retrieved from a "Favorites" shortcut Right-click. This menu could have "open in Tab" and "open in Floating Window" capability for Layout Shortcuts as well :)

Thanks!

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:38 AM

Someone did a tool called Layout MAnager that I find excellent and use.  It must be mentioned in a thread.  Can't remember which.

Posts 24675
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 1:10 AM

The Layout Manager tool was developed by Tim Engwer - details at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/31569/234715.aspx

Graham

Posts 82
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 5:36 PM

Hello,

After several days of using the floating windows tab, I think this might work for me for now. However, I need more memory, but this cannot be fixed on the forum, only by me buying a new computer. Sigh. . . More money to spend . . . Crying

I have opened about three floating windows and it works very well for me.
Thanks everyone. . .

Blessings. . .

Eis Cristos

Al

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 8:08 PM

Alfredo Sosa:

Maybe I'm being too picky, but does anyone know how to have more than one layout in memory? In other words, if I have a History layout and a Theology layout, am I able to have both layouts in L4 so that I am able to do a ctrl+tab and move between them?

Alfredo,

I have reading plan layouts that I use for all my reading plans. Some of those plans I read everyday. Those layout plans I drag from the layout menu to my shortcut bar. Then when I want to change layouts I simply click the layout on the shortcut bar and it loads my next layout. The drawback is you have to update the layout on the layout menu to get the shortcut to update. It's a system I use and works for me, so there you have it. Peace

Matt

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS