Copy Bible Verses in Pages

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 10
trahajje | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 15 2011 3:06 PM

I use the Copy Bible Verses function about as much as anything in Logos, and I would like to start using Pages as my main word processor at some point. I've noticed, however, that Logos 4 and Pages don't work well together or, possibly, I don't know what I'm doing.

If I set up Logos to copy Bible verses with superscripted verse numbers, for example, and then paste verses into Pages, rather than matching the formatting of my document, they are pasted as Helvetica 12-point. If I change it to match my chosen paragraph style (e.g., Body), I lose the superscripted verse numbers. If there is no other text on the line I'm pasting the verses into it works fine, but otherwise it makes the verse numbers regular text rather than superscript. In other words, I can't paste verses into a paragraph or an outline and then change the paragraph style without losing the superscripted verse numbers. If I choose the "Paste and Match Style" option, it will match my chosen paragraph style, but I still lose the superscripted verse numbers. Word doesn't do that. If you choose to match destination formatting, it will retain superscripted text or italics or whatever and simply change the text to the right font and size.

Basically, the Logos option to use superscript or subscript is practically worthless in Pages, unless I'm missing something. If I had to take a guess, this is just a quirk with Pages.

Anyone know of a way to work around this?

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 1:41 AM

If you use copy bible verses form the service menu or Cmd-Shift-E you can then change the font and size of the selected text to match your style manually.

Not so neat but it does retain the super-script verse numbers.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS