Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 15 2009 5:35 PM

Has anyone ever put together a PBB of the Thompson's Chain Reference system? I looked around and haven't seen one. If it does exist, does anyone know where it can be downloaded?

Thanks,
Paul

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 9:02 PM

I don't know of one, but the raw data is available here:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=TCR

--in case someone wants to build one.  Although, in that format, it's essentially a Topical reference, since it's not indexed by verse.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 4:57 AM

Todd Phillips:

I don't know of one, but the raw data is available here:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=TCR

--in case someone wants to build one.  Although, in that format, it's essentially a Topical reference, since it's not indexed by verse.

I'm wondering if there is a HTML file out in the in the world, that has it linked by verse. I'm thinking that there must be something of the sort, since it is an available resource for some freeware Bible programs.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:13 AM
Search auction sites for: E4 Bible Study Library Volumes 1 & 2, Expanded Edition It contains: Bibliographic Citation ppp. THOMPSON CHAIN. electronic ed. :: , . MARC Bibliographic Record Copyright 1997, Online Bible Advanced Information Electronic Edition From: Ephesians Four Group (a.k.a E4)
Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2009 4:08 PM

The Thompson Chain Reference System is what caught my attention in WORDsearch and I use it alot, but it would be really nice to have it in Logos also. I have the TCRS in hard print  NIV, KJV, NKJV and now the NASB Bibles. They vary some in the various translations.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2009 4:17 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
I have the TCRS in hard print  NIV, KJV, NKJV and now the NASB Bibles. They vary some in the various translations.

I know what you mean. A good example of version variations would be if you use the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (written for the KJV) with a modern translation, sometimes the cross references don't make sense.

Bill Shewmaker:
The Thompson Chain Reference System is what caught my attention in WORDsearch and I use it alot, but it would be really nice to have it in Logos

Same here, on both points.

Posts 8
Keith Allan Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 4:37 PM

Has anyone undertaken this task to completion yet?

Posts 1
Roger Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 18 2017 4:08 PM

I would be will to work on it if someone wants to help.  Is the logos system to program documents open to having out siders work on a new book?  I know there has been a lot of demand for this. 

Posts 18624
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 1:09 PM

Roger Peters:
Is the logos system to program documents open to having out siders work on a new book?

Welcome Big Smile

Suggest contacting Faithlife => https://www.logos.com/contact

Note: Thompson Chain Reference has an active copyright so publisher (B. B. Kirkbridge Bible Co, Inc.) permission is needed before commencing work on a digital version.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 17
Gordon Hooker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2018 7:21 PM

I was looking for the Thompson Chain reference Bible myself. It has been around in Olive Tree and Accordance for a while. As I spend most of my time in Logos it would be nice to have it in Logos as well.

Posts 21
Jay Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 17 2018 4:20 PM

Yes - Logos can you add Thompson Chain * Life Application Study Bible Notes? Please.

Posts 8
Keith Allan Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 8:41 AM

As much as I love using Logos, I may just have to download WORDsearch (free version) and buy the TCRB resource(s) that is/are available there. The only reason I can think of that Logos has not provided this resource is a contractual disagreement. Who knows. I wish there was a way that I could build my own personal book for this.

Posts 327
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 6:38 PM

Not sure if this is the same book, 

The Word in Life Study Bible

I have this in my library Smile

Mick
Posts 18624
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 8:14 AM

Michael:
The Word in Life Study Bible

Word in Life Study Bible includes

that is similar to some Thompson Chain Reference content. Notably lacking is Biblical Topic chains for Cross Referencing.

Can search Logos.com for => Topical Bible

An alternative to consider is => Preaching Themes Dataset

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS