Looking for Camp Logos Live Recommendation

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:58 AM

Hello, everyone.  I am looking for a recommendation on whether I should get the Camp Logos Live for the PC or Mac. I use both, and I know there are different ways to do things in both operating systems. How up to date would the training be? I welcome all comments and suggestions as I try to learn to use Logos4.  Thank you.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 4:44 AM

RIchard K Ross:

Hello, everyone.  I am looking for a recommendation on whether I should get the Camp Logos Live for the PC or Mac. I use both, and I know there are different ways to do things in both operating systems. How up to date would the training be? I welcome all comments and suggestions as I try to learn to use Logos4.  Thank you.

I believe the DVDs are from a Windows presentation. I am not aware of a Mac version of the videos. However, the printed manuals are available for either OS. Which do you use most often?

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:13 AM

Thanks, Jack for the clarification.  I will look at the site again, maybe it was asking PC or MAC because of the format of video?  Or I just saw something wrong.  I will look again, but, you answered the question for me.

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:24 AM

It seems from the product page that the actual content is the same, but the following text is found under 'Product Details':

"Order either the Mac DVD-ROM or the PC DVD-ROM. The Mac DVD-ROM does not play on the PC, and the PC DVD-ROM does not play on the Mac." 

Hope that helps to clarify.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:01 AM

Thank you, Richard, for taking the time to find this additional information. Yes

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 8:50 AM

Thank you.  Need new glasses as I missed that the first time.  I believe the DVD's are a good buy as I learn better through this type of training versus the Manual, although having both might be a plus having the Manual's as a reference.

Yes

Posts 35
MorrisProctorEmployee
David Kitchen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 10:49 AM

Richard,

There are two separate versions... a PC version and a Mac version. Each version has their respective screenshots, highlights, callouts, etc. Both cover the same content so either one you choose will work great.

My recommendation would be to purchase whichever one that you will use the most in the future.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:03 PM

David Kitchen:

Richard,

There are two separate versions... a PC version and a Mac version. Each version has their respective screenshots, highlights, callouts, etc. Both cover the same content so either one you choose will work great.

My recommendation would be to purchase whichever one that you will use the most in the future.

OK, David,

I got the PC version when it left Pre-Pub. I recently switched to Logos 4 Mac. I do not mind watching the PC videos on my Windows laptop, if the content is all the same. I'm wondering if there are enough functional differences to justify getting the Camp Logos Live for Mac version. Or better yet, do you offer an "upgrade" discount for users who bought one platform's videos and switched platforms? I predict many Windows users will switch to Mac in coming years.  $ Ka-ching! Yes

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1486
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 8:04 PM

Richard, assuming you purchased your DVDs you had been discussing a while back, I have a question about them........ Can you tell me if the DVD ROMs are Mac or PC regarding what type of computer you will play /watch them on? Or regarding the type of computer/Logos version he was using (IE Mac or PC)? I'm a little confused, because the website says that PC DVDs wont play on Mac and vice verse, but DVDs are not formatted to a PC, but are normally formatted to a certain region? I ask this because I would like to be able to (1) watch the DVDs on a home DVD player in my home, or (2) be able to copy the video files to a computer to then burn a disk that can be played on my home DVD player. I want the Mac training, but want to watch the DVDs on a home DVD player.

Hope all this rambling makes sense. :-)

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS