Bug, beta 8: Search snippets very slow to populate

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:05 AM | Locked

I've noticed that in recent betas, Logos is very slow to populate the search snippets in By Title and By Count searches. Whereas it used to take less than a second or two for the snippets to be shown, I'm now seeing times of around 10 seconds before the "Loading…" messages start to disappear.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 27974
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 3:25 PM | Locked

I tried a few long searches (god + the) but could not reproduce.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 236
David R. McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 3:57 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
I've noticed that in recent betas, Logos is very slow to populate the search snippets in By Title and By Count searches.

I'm also experiencing long delays. Not in populating the entire search, but in opening up individual book hits. For example, if one book has recorded 15 hits and I select it so that the hits would be shown, there is a long wait with it sometimes disappearing before reappearing. I haven't recorded the time, but can confirm that this has been happening over the last ? number of betas. I think this is what Mark is referring to as snippets.

David
https://echucacommunitychurch.com

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), 8 gig RAM, macOS Monterrey.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 4:50 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
I've noticed that in recent betas, Logos is very slow to populate the search snippets in By Title and By Count searches. Whereas it used to take less than a second or two for the snippets to be shown, I'm now seeing times of around 10 seconds before the "Loading…" messages start to disappear.

If I'm understanding your post correctly, I am likewise unable to reproduce the delay you are referring to.

Just to confirm, I ran a search and then listed the results 'By Count'.  At that point, the lag you are referring to is after clicking on a book title to see the corresponding hits, correct?

Could you please post your logs after reproducing this delay?  Since I'm unable to reproduce the issue that would be very helpful. And greatly appreciated.Smile

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 18 2011 2:58 AM | Locked

This video demonstrates the problem: http://www.vimeo.com/25271528

And here are the logs: 4212.Logos4.log

The log is longer than the video, sorry. You should be able to match it OK.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 10:57 AM | Locked

Thank you, that is very helpful.

I'll pass it on to the Developers.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 12:56 PM | Locked

There have been several improvements made over the last few betas which should improve this issue.  Please let us know if you are still experiencing this problem.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS