Simple Search function

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:32 AM

Would like to add my vote for Speed Search in Logos 4. Not so much because of the speed but for the way the as-you-type results assists jogging my aging brain in remembering the right search terms.

My suggestions would be either:

1. Incorporate a Speed option along with Basic, Bible, and Morph in the search box. Or
  2. Let the results appear as you type in the Bible option of the search box and then let the full search be executed upon Enter. Or
  3. Let the default behavior of the Bible option search be results as-you-type unless a command character is entered first which then waits for the Enter. Or
  4. Let the default behavior of the Bible option search be as is unless a command character is entered which then renders results as-you-type. Or
  5. Put a toggle selection in the Bible option that chooses the appropriate behavior. Or
  6. Make it a settings preference.

Those are brainstorming ideas. Some might have problems. I think my preference would probably be for 5.

Thanks,

Russ

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:51 AM

One more idea . . .

It would be really helpful for the Speed Search functionality to be incorporated in a desktop or dashboard widget that could then launch Logos 4 if needed.

Posts 6722
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:45 AM

Robert Pavich:

Not COMPLETELY ON TOPIC...

But...the Words of Christ search DOES work in v4...you just gotta use hyphens...

words-of-christ:judge

Thanks for this tip Robert. I did not know it ieve existed. Glad you went off topic.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 5
Mark Tetzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:36 AM

Speed search was one of my favorite tools.  Even if it looks like a duplicate of basic search, it will be available for those who love it. 

Posts 232
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 1:05 PM

I believe "Speed Search" is a helpful and necessary tool and would love to see it in L4.

Posts 7
Jason Wiley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:18 AM

I love Russ' options 1, 2, and 6.  It should be incorporated somehow.  It was just too practical a tool to leave out of the new version of the software.  It had its own simple icon in the tool bar and was obviously intended to be utilized because of its easy accessibility.  I know that these are gripes for another post, but the topic browser, parallel resource associations, keylink features, and smart tags are a must as well.  I loved the speed searching of the Bible but have always wished that the other types of searching were as intuitive as this one.  At least the topic browser gave you somewhat of an intuitive response, but with so many resources in the library, searching in v. 4 has gotten faster, but not a lot smarter.  We need to be able to narrow our searches down, refine the results, receive intuitive feedback from the software and find relevant information quickly.  Prioritizing the books are a help, but not enough.  I would sacrifice a little bit of speed for smart.  I will be asking some of these questions at the first camp in Nashville in a couple of weeks and hopefully we will see some updates addressing the speed search and other relevant problematic issues.

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:05 AM

Is this still in the works? Anyone know of a time frame?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 8:41 PM

Logos: Please add Speed Search to the search list (see-as-you-type)

i reverted back to L3 for this search.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 9:01 PM

I miss this feature because it worked the way I think Cool

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1
Todd Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:32 AM

I've been using Logos for a few years, and "Speed Search" was one of my favorite features!  For a while I used a web site for quickly searching for a passage of Scripture, but when I started using speed search I found what I was looking for much more quickly.  You could use a shift-click on the search tab to initiate a speed search on your prioritized resource, maybe?  I think this is a too big of a benefit to cast aside!

Todd

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 2:32 PM

I too would like to ask for speed search to be brought back, hopefully soon.

Posts 1
Brian Krause | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 8:48 AM

I absolutely loved the speed search feature and I NEED it in my new Logos 4 so I can find those verses I can't quite remember!

Thanks for all your awesome work for the Kingdom!

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:13 AM

It's coming.  In fact, it's been in beta for a couple weeks...

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 1:27 PM

Peter Venable:
It's coming.  In fact, it's been in beta for a couple weeks...

And in the latest release, they disabled the "guess what I'm typing" drop down menu so it's pretty darn fast....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS