Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2011 6:18 PM

Lynden Williams:

Steve Johnson:

Uh, what's a Sabbatical?

When you take time off from work to post to the forums. Big Smile

I LIKE it!  Thanks, Lynden.

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 108
Larry L. Dix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2011 8:30 PM

WOW!!!!  Jerry M, I think this falls into the category of overload.

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2011 2:56 AM

Paul Newsome:
With an iMac the video has to come in through what is now a video display port (proprietary) which used to be a different port 2 years ago.

KS4J has been tempting me with talk of a new 27" iMac, but then I think, "What is wrong with my 4-year-old Mac Pro. It still does everything I want it to do, and does it all very well." Now, you have convinced me that the old one is better.

I need that money more than Steve Jobs does. Besides, how many Logos resources can that money purchase? Big Smile

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2011 5:06 AM

Jack - 

Respectfully, it is not as confusing as Paul made it seem. Apple does change their video out ports much more frequently than others, but each time they do so it is with a purpose and is an improvement. 

One reason apple has so many proprietary video out ports is because they need a small form factor to get so many things into the laptop. Apple supported three different DVI connectors. The regular one was ONLY for Pro line computers. They were on some of the bigger laptops. Both the "mini" DVI and "micro" DVI were developed for smaller laptops.

In Late 2008 Apple released the Mini Display Port, which allowed for greater resolution. It also was capable of carrying audio, which was implemented in Early 2010. With proper adapters, the Mini Display port is capable of connecting to a wide variety of displays. Toshiba, Lenova, HP & Dell have all licensed this technology from Apple for use in laptops.

This year, apple announce a new technology in partnership with Intel called "thunderbolt." This technology is potentially a replacement for USB/Firewire. Besides much faster connections, one advantage is that apple is using the Mini Display Port connector. Another advantage is that up to seven devices (only two can be displays) can be "daisy chained" without requiring a hub. On a laptop or iMac, this means that two external displays can be used from the same port!

If you go to Best Buy, all you have to know is what kind of port is on your Mac, and what kind of connection you need to hook it up (i.e. "mini display port" to "DVI.") It will be confusing if you only take a look at the port connecter, because they do look VERY similar. 

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/02/thunderbolt-smokes-usb-firewire-with-10gbps-throughput.ars

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2011 6:02 AM

I got my second monitor up and working last night and I truly feel this will really help me as I navigate through LOGOS, studying and sermon prep.  Thanks to all the feeds about dual monitors as this prompted me to get setup.

Thanks to all,

Claybon

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2011 7:10 AM

That's great Claybon! You may find two screens inadequate after a short time also. There's so much to look at. Let us know how you end up using the new space.

Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2011 10:06 AM

Can anyone help? I can get two screens working from my PC but when I added a third with another graphics card, Logos doesn't want to show on any of the screens when I open the programme.

Pastor Tony Keating

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2011 10:09 AM

Anthony Keating:

Can anyone help? I can get two screens working from my PC but when I added a third with another graphics card, Logos doesn't want to show on any of the screens when I open the programme.

Pastor Tony Keating

If one is good, sixteen are better.  Devil

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2011 10:21 AM

Anthony Keating:

Pastor Tony Keating

There's a good chance that Logos is floating off in some virtual space not covered by your monitors. Try this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/

Posts 1073
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 9:31 AM

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1073
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 9:36 AM

This is small study space I have, it is kind nice. Most of the time it is quiet place in the house..

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:48 AM

Okay, you guys got my nerd going. Here's my workstation desk. I've been at Logos for a long time now. You'll notice I've collected some perks along the way, by way of coffee maker/table and mini fridge. I'm also blessed with a great window/view of downtown Bellingham.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 21875
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:53 AM

Hi Mike

It looks like you stand at your desk - is that right?

Graham 

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:03 AM

Mike (Tech Support):

hmm, I sit by a window when I am at my desk tooo!! don't you find that distracting?

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:09 AM

Mike (Tech Support):

Okay, you guys got my nerd going. Here's my workstation desk. I've been at Logos for a long time now. You'll notice I've collected some perks along the way, by way of coffee maker/table and mini fridge. I'm also blessed with a great window/view of downtown Bellingham.

I see you got in on the ground floor.  Angel

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:11 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Mike

It looks like you stand at your desk - is that right?

Graham 

You're right, it does appear that he's an upstanding Logos employee.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:16 AM

Haha, yes, and I'm becoming known around downtown as "that guy who stands in the window". I do have a tall chair, like a hybrid between a bar stool and an office chair which I sit in on occasion if necessary.

I don't find the window all too distracting, and if I do get distracted the natural light more than compensates for it in my overall productivity.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:07 AM

Mike (Tech Support):

[...]

I don't find the window all too distracting, and if I do get distracted the natural light more than compensates for it in my overall productivity.

Natural Light? So you are getting a tan while @ work? must be nice.....[I have to go home and do yard-work or the likes to get one....]

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:41 AM

Mike (Tech Support):

Haha, yes, and I'm becoming known around downtown as "that guy who stands in the window". I do have a tall chair, like a hybrid between a bar stool and an office chair which I sit in on occasion if necessary.

I would be afraid someone would smash the window and steal what's there.

Wife told me not to post my work space. I usually work from the couch or where ever I find myself. Roving office on laptop.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:54 AM

That was my initial concern too, but we haven't had any problems with that. There is a security camera, just about 4 feet above where I took that photo from, and it's a high-visibility street; those factors probably keep things somewhat safe.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support

Page 8 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS