Missing Bible

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 27 2011 2:52 PM

I just installed L4M in my new Mac from scratch... and as far as I can see I´m missing one Bible. I did all updates and indexing but the Bible is not in my library.

the Bible I´m missing is "Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos"

thanks for your help

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 4:00 PM

Felipe Chamy:

I just installed L4M in my new Mac from scratch... and as far as I can see I´m missing one Bible. I did all updates and indexing but the Bible is not in my library.

the Bible I´m missing is "Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos"

thanks for your help

One obvious question -- did you previously have it?  It won't restore something you never had.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5258
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 1:15 AM

If you go to your logos account and look at your previous resources you should be able to download it from there.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 6:05 AM

L4Mac currently has a downloading bug that makes downloading break off time and time again. Consequently, if you're supposed to have this Bible, the most likely reason for you not having it is that the program hasn't finished downloading and indexing, even though it may seem so. Try closing and restarting Logos, to see if that triggers a new download. If not, try typing update resources in the command box at the top, hit enter, and wait for the little popup in the lower right corner to tell you if it's found anything. If it does, you will need to click on it to start the download. 

If that doesn't do the trick, come back and we can try a few other things. Or you can call Logos' Mac Support; they just opened.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:12 AM

"One obvious question -- did you previously have it?  It won't restore something you never had."

Haha Smile yes I did

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:15 AM

fgh:
Try closing and restarting Logos, to see if that triggers a new download. If not, try typing update resources in the command box at the top, hit enter, and wait for the little popup in the lower right corner to tell you if it's found anything. If it does, you will need to click on it to start the download. 

It didn´t do the trick... I´ve tried that several times...

Thank you!

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:28 AM

Mike Binks:

If you go to your logos account and look at your previous resources you should be able to download it from there.

How can I do that... I tried downloading the .lbxlls file but didnt work..

thank you!

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:35 AM

I´m missing other book in my library, like Carson´s "Commentary of the NT use of the OT"

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 7:31 PM

My suggestion would be to make a list of items you are missing.. then call logos tech support.  Haven't had anything missing since my Oxford Bible Commentary, which turned up after the portion that read the old logos 2 files were finally implemented on the mac side.

-Dan

[EDIT]PS: I remember I had some items not showing up and it turned out to be a mistake in the Logos system, so it happens now and then.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:23 PM

If have a working Logos 4 or Libronix 3 configuration with resources, could copy resource file(s) to Mac, then use scan command and restart Logos 4 Mac.  Wiki Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs => Copy Logos 4 Resources to Mac OS X section has example scan command.

Note: Logos 4 cannot read Libronix 3 PBB's.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 8:40 AM

it was easier than that..

I had the "use the Internet" option off...

sorry, my bad Embarrassed

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 1:02 PM

Felipe Chamy:
I had the "use the Internet" option off...

Did correcting that restore all your missing resources? Don't feel bad or embarrassed. You do know why they put erasers on pencils, don't you? Big Smile

ON SECOND THOUGHT: Do people still know what pencils are? Perhaps the proverb needs an amendment: "That is why they put delete buttons on computer keyboards". Geeked

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 1:17 PM

hahaha

Thank you Jack for your kind, wise and contextualized answer! Big Smile

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 1:18 PM

Jack Caviness:
Did correcting that restore all your missing resources?

It did indeed... 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 2:50 PM

Felipe Chamy:

Jack Caviness:
Did correcting that restore all your missing resources?

It did indeed... 

Thankful to read all resources are available; updated wiki Mac Troubleshooting => Missing Resources section.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS