Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27477
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 28 2011 5:53 PM | Locked

The first topic in this simple Bible Notes document is recognised; why not the others?

5516.Peacemakers.docx

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 8:22 AM | Locked

We'll look into it, thanks.

Follow up:  In what way are they not being recognized? After compiling your document, when I enter each of the five Topic milestones into the Command box to look them up  (e.g., look up be healed), your book opens to that topic.

Posts 27477
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 7:53 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
In what way are they not being recognized?

When scrolling from the top, the first topic will appear as the active reference then the bible references. So I was expecting to see topics and bible references alternating as I scrolled. However, if I select the topic as the active reference that is all I see. But select bible reference as active, scroll to the top and the first pattern repeats.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 9:11 AM | Locked

I was able to get the active reference to change from topic to passage while scrolling by placing the passage in front of the topic milestone in the document (e.g., Matthew 5:9-12 [[@topic: Blessed Ones]]).

However, because the document is short, when I scroll from the top, I first see the 'Blessed Ones' topic, then 'Matthew 5:9', and finally 'Matthew 5:10' (because at that point, it has reached the bottom of the book). If I click in the book where Mark 5:34 is, though, the active reference will change to that verse.

If I change the active reference back to topic, and then click somewhere else in the book, it will change to the topic at that location. 

Posts 27477
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2011 6:30 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
I was able to get the active reference to change from topic to passage while scrolling by placing the passage in front of the topic milestone in the document

The issue is that the behaviour for the first topic is different when bible reference is active; it is the only topic to be displayed whether scrolling from the top or clicking near it. Regular resources show blank until you click or scroll to a point within the "range" of the first active reference.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 8:23 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

The issue is that the behaviour for the first topic is different when bible reference is active; it is the only topic to be displayed whether scrolling from the top or clicking near it. Regular resources show blank until you click or scroll to a point within the "range" of the first active reference.

If you have a longer document, does it make a difference?  Also, I noticed that your personal book's indexes are Bible and English Headwords. Typically a Bible Notes or Bible Commentary resource is indexed by Bible and Page. That may be why you're seeing a discrepancy between this book and other resources.

Posts 27477
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 13 2011 4:51 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
Typically a Bible Notes or Bible Commentary resource is indexed by Bible and Page

The Apologetics Study Bible has Page/Bible/Headword indexes!

Melissa Snyder:
That may be why you're seeing a discrepancy between this book and other resources.

I use other resources to indicate that my expectation is not unreasonable. If it cannot be achieved so be it.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2011 7:14 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

The Apologetics Study Bible has Page/Bible/Headword indexes!

That was one I didn't check. (I didn't check them all, which was why I said "typically.") :o) 

Edit: I see now that the Apologetics Study Bible includes an HCSB Concordance near the end of the resources, which is where the headwords are found. Thanks.

One additional note, that may or may not make a difference, is that the Concordance section appears to use Headwords and Page numbers, not Bible milestones.

Dave Hooton:

I use other resources to indicate that my expectation is not unreasonable. If it cannot be achieved so be it.

I'm not saying that it cannot be done, but it may be that the syntax in the document needs to be changed or rearranged to accomplish it. I can look into it a bit more. If you figure it out meanwhile, let me know.

Posts 9161
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2011 5:04 PM | Locked

Just to let you know, we will be deprecating the [[@Topic: ...]] syntax in an upcoming beta. Because Personal Books, like other Logos resources, do not currently support topics, the new markup will be [[@Headword+English:term]] (or [[@Headword:term]] to use the language from the Word document) to make it clear that the markup is intended to create an English Headword milestone index.

That shouldn't substantially affect this bug report; when this change is made, we will need to replace "@Topic" with "@Headword" in your sample document and test to make sure that all headwords in the document are recognised correctly.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS